Post your BooBoo's

I smashed my thumb installing a wall A/C at our then newly bought house a few weeks before our wedding (jeez, almost 20 years ago), had to hide that hand in the wedding photos. Trust me, you do NOT want photos of that mess, esp. as the nail started coming off a few weeks later. iman29's post gave me flashbacks...

I smashed my thumb installing a wall A/C at our then newly bought house a few weeks before our wedding (jeez, almost 20 years ago), had to hide that hand in the wedding photos. Trust me, you do NOT want photos of that mess, esp. as the nail started coming off a few weeks later. iman29's post gave me flashbacks...
The previous time this happened it was the 2nd toe in from the big toe and that nail fell
Off after about 2 months because it was summer time and we got a lot
Of swimming in. Lucky it grew back but it’s a bit crooked.

Yeah pretty sure no chance this nail will
Stay intact. Just a matter of how long it takes
To fall off I guess. I’m thinking another month or so.

(Yes I had to make 2 more holes to drain it more ). Doesn’t hurt at all just ugly to look at. Good thing no flip flops allowed at the office. 🤪

IMG_4779.jpeg

Yeah pretty sure no chance this nail will
Stay intact. Just a matter of how long it takes
To fall off I guess. I’m thinking another month or so.

(Yes I had to make 2 more holes to drain it more ). Doesn’t hurt at all just ugly to look at. Good thing no flip flops allowed at the office. 🤪

View attachment 233354
Honestly not loving the shiny black extending through the cuticle to the actual toe.

Honestly not loving the shiny black extending through the cuticle to the actual toe.
Me neither!

But like I said it doesn’t hurt and I am keeping an eye on it and soaking it every few days to make sure it doesn’t end up infected.

I think at this point it just has to run it’s course and whatever happens will happen.

Sooo while I’d love to tell a great story about some radical MTB ride I did yesterday where I got smashed in the face but that’s sadly not true.

I was unloading a snowblower I got for cheap off my hitch cargo rack (yes a snowblower even if it won’t snow in NJ anymore) and coming down the little ramp it got caught up and the weight of it pulled me down.

Smashed my face into the side headlight and it broke off. Lucky for me was wearing my safety sunglasses since prior to picking this up I was cutting the grass. I think that’s what cut my face but it prevented any direct impact to my eye.

I was able to immediately put ice packs and pressure on it to hold down the swelling and this morning I didn’t have any more swelling. I was even able to go for a long road ride.

Got a few other scrapes and abrasions but nothing too serious. Like they say always could have been worse. Wife was unimpressed and the first thing the boys said to me was “ well better than telling mom you crashed on your bike again”. They are not wrong.

Will tell a much better story at work tho. 🤪

Left pics as thumbnails because I couldn’t figure out the spoiler thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6145.jpeg
    IMG_6145.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6148.jpeg
    IMG_6148.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
Sooo while I’d love to tell a great story about some radical MTB ride I did yesterday where I got smashed in the face but that’s sadly not true.

I was unloading a snowblower I got for cheap off my hitch cargo rack (yes a snowblower even if it won’t snow in NJ anymore) and coming down the little ramp it got caught up and the weight of it pulled me down.

Smashed my face into the side headlight and it broke off. Lucky for me was wearing my safety sunglasses since prior to picking this up I was cutting the grass. I think that’s what cut my face but it prevented any direct impact to my eye.

I was able to immediately put ice packs and pressure on it to hold down the swelling and this morning I didn’t have any more swelling. I was even able to go for a long road ride.

Got a few other scrapes and abrasions but nothing too serious. Like they say always could have been worse. Wife was unimpressed and the first thing the boys said to me was “ well better than telling mom you crashed on your bike again”. They are not wrong.

that's a good one..be honest your girl whipped your ass...lol

@iman29 ouch!! You have way too many posts in this thread!!!
Sadly this is true @Robin

On the positive side luckily the last few months of issues and injuries have not taken me out of commission too much. Getting sick with COVID 2-3 times was much worse than any of the other things so I will take that as a win.

Tomorrow is a week and it healed much faster than I thought it would. Glad the eye didn’t swell up closed too.

The bruises and cuts across each of my forearms and my shin are taking longer to heal actually.

Lucky again nothing that’s kept me from riding.

Attachments

• IMG_6275.jpeg
    IMG_6275.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom