Post Crash Advice

Blair

Warmest day of the year might have ended my road bike career, If anyone has been in a car vs bike altercation, let me know if you have any advice for dealing with insurance, replacement stuff, hospitals, police, etc. Want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Last edited:
yes I'm ok, big shout out to Giro.

Attachments

• h2.JPG
    h2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 296
  • h3.JPG
    h3.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 295
  • helmet1.JPG
    helmet1.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 283
Good to still have you posting today cars usually win the battle. Hopefully you receive full compensation for this unfortunate accident.

Glad you are alive.

If you are not the party responsible for this accident get a lawyer and do not post any more of this.

Remember accidents do happen and Insurance companies got lawyers too.

Although if they were texting or something I would take them for everything I can get.

I hit a cyclist with my Ducati 2 years ago, it was his fault. I was lucky 3 cars stopped and waited for the Cops. He got a ticket and a ride in the ambulance.

He still tried to sue me.

Good Luck and wishing you a quick recovery.

I’ve been hit a few times (mostly when I was living in NYC), my advice is to lawyer up. One time I had an insurance company be really cool and quick about everything, but another situation I had to wait well over a year to get paid. And that situation had multiple witnesses that saw the women purposely run a red light and t bone me. And the driver admitted guilt and was ticketed. Insurance company completely ignored me.

Was super happy with the lawyer that @rick81721 recommended. Would also recommend. And would echo the others saying 'lawyer up' even if you aren't badly injured. Paying a guy 1/3 of a settlement to deal with all the crap isn't a bad deal.

Damn, the pic if that car gave me chills. Glad you’re ok. Normally we’d ask how the bike is but that’s not important at all right now.

lots of good advice here - especially not to talk or post about it until settled.

heal up - glad you are able to post...

Was super happy with the lawyer that @rick81721 recommended. Would also recommend. And would echo the others saying 'lawyer up' even if you aren't badly injured. Paying a guy 1/3 of a settlement to deal with all the crap isn't a bad deal.

Yeah and just to clarify, the lawyer takes a third of the injury settlement, not loss of personal property (i.e. bike, etc). You get all of that. I think I got the check for that part in a few months.

Wow the helmet pic is the only thing I can see and that gave me the chills. Glad you’re OK it must have been bad.

Glad you are able to post coherently-
Those pics are scary-
Take all the good advice here and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom