OOS MOGA

Even non-trained your looking at 2 hours without having to eat. I'm sure even you guys can do that!!
It’s true, as long as I’m properly hydrated, not feeling it for 2-3 hours depending on the conditions. With that being said, time to drink a Cigar City IPA. Cheers.

There's a little bit of false info here. Most anyone has 2,000ish calories of readily available Glycogen stores. The bonk one feels when that runs out of has nothing to do with food intake but rather your body switching fuel sources. For most people this is right around the 3-hour mark. For rides under 3 hours there's no need to eat as long as you eat your normal day's intake. At the pace and actual moving time some of the folks are putting in they'd be lucky to see a 500-700 calorie deficit during a ride.
i should have been more clear in my original post. going downhill doesn't mean bonking. Going downhill means I could no longer sustain the intensity of the first two hours, that intensity being 75% of threshold power. I'm sure I could go for 3 hours at 60-65%, but not at 75%. As for actual caloric deficit in those first 1.5 hours, it's about 1200-1300 kJ of energy burned, or ~1200-1300 kCal.

While one may burn only 500-700 kCal, sharp anaerobic efforts (like those in MTB) tend to deplete that storage at a faster rate

It’s true, as long as I’m properly hydrated, not feeling it for 2-3 hours depending on the conditions. With that being said, time to drink a Cigar City IPA. Cheers.
I didn't realize you were a regular, will bring beer next time. Still waiting for Paul to supply....

I was mentally fed up and just wanted to collect my pride and leave. Also so it as a way to make my wife happy getting home on time lol.
But you probably got back to the lot about 5 mins before us, and we even hit some extra miles on white and brown

i should have been more clear in my original post. going downhill doesn't mean bonking. Going downhill means I could no longer sustain the intensity of the first two hours, that intensity being 75% of threshold power. I'm sure I could go for 3 hours at 60-65%, but not at 75%. As for actual caloric deficit in those first 1.5 hours, it's about 1200-1300 kJ of energy burned, or ~1200-1300 kCal.

While one may burn only 500-700 kCal, sharp anaerobic efforts (like those in MTB) tend to deplete that storage at a faster rate
Is that from the varied intensities and efforts where you go from freewheeling to 100% in 2 seconds?

Back
Top Bottom