OOS MOGA

that's a lot of parts, what did you end up upgrading to, looks like wheels also?
and your wife is going to be pissed when she sees this picture, bike stuff in the kitchen?
Xt 1x11 drive train and brakes with a suntour 11-46 instead of Shimano cassete. Just got new hope hubs but didn't get new rims. But I had a pretty bad accident and broke my new front hub already so I'm using the old one for now. We live in an apartment I have three bikes and bike stand and a dinning room table in my dinning room. I also work on my bike in the kitchen so she probably wouldn't say anything lol.

ah - i had said that to someone going the other way, and i got the 'really?' ....

I'd say falling on them might be appropriate if there was a breach of etiquette. might have to bring a gopro next time. That would be gold.

Haha! Well, didn't really fall on the dude, just fell on his rear tire. He was heading towards me. I clearly saw him coming as I told him there were two riders behind me. I move to the right to let him pass, but my front tire must have hit a rock or log hidden under the tall grass. I fell to the left and landed on his rear tire, knocking his bike down too. Kind of got stuck as I was still clipped in. He asked if I was alright and luckily no one else was coming. It was one of those slow, graceful falls.

If I was going to complain about one thing it was how crowded it was out there! When I ride by me I'm lucky if I see another rider, outside of LM, and the Tourne I have run into about 5 riders in my past 80miles.

Yup, that's why to get a decent ride at 6MR on a sunny weekend like yesterday, you literally have to start at 6AM...maybe earlier! That's why I love riding at CR so much. Maybe it's just me, but even when Newman's lot of completely full, I still barley run into any riders. Not sure if anyone else experiences the same? @qclabrat ?

Yup, that's why to get a decent ride at 6MR on a sunny weekend like yesterday, you literally have to start at 6AM...maybe earlier! That's why I love riding at CR so much. Maybe it's just me, but even when Newman's lot of completely full, I still barley run into any riders. Not sure if anyone else experiences the same? @qclabrat ?

there are many people swimming, hiking, fishing, drinking, and procreating in the woods out of that lot. :D

Same for me
It's the loop issue vs out and back for any trail. 6mr gets a good more traffic overall as well.

Xt 1x11 drive train and brakes with a suntour 11-46 instead of Shimano cassete. Just got new hope hubs but didn't get new rims. But I had a pretty bad accident and broke my new front hub already so I'm using the old one for now. We live in an apartment I have three bikes and bike stand and a dinning room table in my dinning room. I also work on my bike in the kitchen so she probably wouldn't say anything lol.
Hopes are great, super premium hubs at mid price range. They have awesome engagement like i9s and Hadley's. You must have had quite an accident to break them. And you must be fast, we'll let you lead the next ride....

Hopes are great, super premium hubs at mid price range. They have awesome engagement like i9s and Hadley's. You must have had quite an accident to break them. And you must be fast, we'll let you lead the next ride....
I was going downhill and slammed into a tree,. My tire wasn't seated properly and exploded off the rim and 240 pounds plus the speed of going down hill cracked my rim and exploded my hub. Bruised a rib could have been worse. You could walk faster than I ride. Any type of elevation change just kills me.

Also doing these upgrades were kind of a waist of money. My riding level isn't great so I don't really see a difference except for having that extra gear, which might be a downfall because I rely on it to much instead of just getting stronger with what I had.

Also doing these upgrades were kind of a waist of money. My riding level isn't great so I don't really see a difference except for having that extra gear, which might be a downfall because I rely on it to much instead of just getting stronger with what I had.
You and I are on the same boat my friend.
I never thought I would use the big ole 50 on the eagle but now... can't ride without it lol

I might need to fight @qclabrat for the rotors and possibly the cranks
The cranks are boost specific and the chain ring is 76mm spider or something like that I know it was a issue when I looked up just changing the chainring I forget why. They are specialized Stout xc if you want to look it up.

The cranks are boost specific and the chain ring is 76mm spider or something like that I know it was a issue when I looked up just changing the chainring I forget why. They are specialized Stout xc if you want to look it up.
Damn... do you also have a boost 29 frame in L to go with the cranks? Lol

***BREAKING NEW ALERT***

This Saturday Saturday Saturday!!! @Mic360 and I will be riding at THE TOURNE(?) start time 7AM(?) come out if you aren't going on Sunday or get a leg up on the Sunday crew!!!

Back
Top Bottom