OOS MOGA

Kona Shonky long. I built a set of wheels using the new Hope 5 Pro hubs (142x12 SS rear, 100x15 front) and some DT Swiss FR600 I had when I thought I was building my 26” dream bike and basic DT Swiss spokes. Seat tube, Stem and Handlebar are stock Kona I sourced on PB, the saddle is a Chromag Overture, Marzocchi DJ fork, Reverse 14t cog, most likely an Atlas crankset And RF 28t chainring. Not set on the brakes yet, not sure if going with 4 pistons SLX or 2 pistons XT, probably the SLX. I don’t think I forgot anything… ah, Maxxis DTH 2.1” tires.
Don't waste 4 pots on a DJ. Mine has some crappy ass Tektro 2 pots on it right now, and it's more than enough. My BMX bikes have rim brakes, rear only. You honestly hardly use them on a pumptrack once you get your timing right. The cool kids ride totally brakeless 20" 😎

Which frame did you get? I have no clue on the setup of the cockpit so will be googling for tips. But sure I won't be able to fake out as a newbie...
Cockpit is usually a typical modern length stem...50mm to 35mm....most guys use a higher rise bar...( I currently don't )....a little narrower than a DH bar, like 750, 760...( for all those bar spins 😎 )...don't over think it...just ride it.

Don't waste 4 pots on a DJ. Mine has some crappy ass Tektro 2 pots on it right now, and it's more than enough. My BMX bikes have rim brakes, rear only. You honestly hardly use them on a pumptrack once you get your timing right. The cool kids ride totally brakeless 20" 😎
Ok, I’ll use a set of Deore brakes I have somewhere then…

I'll be riding CR again this weekend, lmk if anyone is interested for Saturday at 9am. Can also do later in the morning or even an afternoon ride if too nippy for most.
Nov 11th, we'll be up north at the pump track. @mtbiker87 let us know the time and location. Can't remember which park we decided on. Which ever is less busy I guess...
62 sat & sun - In.

Sorry folks out for this weekend. Jabbed my ribs last week in a slow speed crash. Haven't been able to sleep on my right side since. Though I may do a canal tow ride towards Princeton
Were you planning to sleep on the pump track? If that was the plan you should have said earlier, I would have jumped in more enthusiastically! Get well soon, BTW, I thought it was next week end 11/11?

Were you planning to sleep on the pump track? If that was the plan you should have said earlier, I would have jumped in more enthusiastically! Get well soon, BTW, I thought it was next week end 11/11?
Lol, no we had a ride in Chimney Rock this weekend but last minute change to Six mile to anyone who can make it. My ribs may not like it, but weather too nice to ride the canal path. Only those who join will see my new bike!

Lol, no we had a ride in Chimney Rock this weekend but last minute change to Six mile to anyone who can make it. My ribs may not like it, but weather too nice to ride the canal path. Only those who join will see my new bike!
So, is pump track day still up next weekend?

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well.
Still waiting for the scans results, nerve wreaking as always...for Saturday though it's a no go for me because the shonky isn't ready and I don't have any time to work on it until then...I was hoping to work on it yesterday as I took the day off to drive my wife to and from the hospital but it took longer than expected, I had also forgot that we needed to order a new dishwasher so that was another trip that had to be taken...it all adds up. I just wish we could catch up at some point, it's been a while.

Back
Top Bottom