OOS MOGA

yeah, did the 30day "cleanse" in spring 2016 and dropped 15-18 pounds. best CX season that fall. then beer and weight gain. half heartedly did it again last winter, but beer, so it didn't work that great. If you really want to drop #s, alcohol has to go (mostly). @xc62701 and @fidodie have used the same/similar. I only threw it out there cause you said "cleanse". Eating clean and not drinking should yield similar results.
I couldn't do those cleanse diets for more than a few months. Will likely do the latter and then skim back in some beers, meat and dairy. Only need to drop 5-10 pounds, so weight is not the biggest goal. More about healthier choices most of the time.

I do eat eggs, honey, fish occasionally (salmon, tuna). Lentils, potatoes (mash and baked, never fried), beans, brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms. My problem has always been excessive carbs intake, as I do love my bread and pasta (with either pesto, tomato sauce or simple garlic and oil, my wife makes a mean vegetable lasagna though), such a sterotype being italian!

We only drink almond milk and more recently switched to walnut milk, even though I use real (kind of, grated parmesan does not really qualify as such) cheese on my pasta.

I went to a dietician a while ago, she said the diet was perfect but the portions were way too big!

Oh, and I rarely drink any alcohol or soda.
I've noticed most of the detox diets have very little carbs. My biggest concern there is quick drop in energy levels.

Being Asian... rice is my mortal enemy.... so says my doc.
But anyways, I have the same problem.... portions. Recently, I lost a couple of lbs by controlling portions. Maybe more... havent really weighed myself but pants feels big. At lunch, Instead of a hero, Ill have a sandwich on a roll instead. Still kills me that its the same price! My portion of rice for dinner is about half of what I used to eat. Been at it for about a month now.

I guess its the mentality. I used to eat until I got full. Now I eat until I am no longer feel hungry.

BTW.... you never sneak off to McDonalds for a Big Mac every now and then?

It wasn't a big deal for me to cut down on rice, 1/2 bowl for a few years. For family style meals, like most Asians, I'm going to start plating my before each meal to control portion size. Our dinners are like a big bag of Doritos. We keep on dipping into the food in the center and when there's a little left, I finish it off. Not a great diet plan.

I think that @Paul H hit the nail on the head when he said he's not eating until he's full, but eating only til he is not hungry. I've always eaten this way and I have been lucky to stay in some kind of shape. Portion size is key and late night eating and drinking has to be cut out. I stop eating at least 3 hours before sleep, it's key so you have time to digest what you ate.
I've been reading about diets, and I like the ones which have most of the calories consumed by lunchtime. 30%breakfast, 40%lunch, 30%dinner is what I'm going to try after the 21 day detox. Like your suggestion, I'm going to try to eat dinner earlier, at about 5pm as possible, and not have breakfast till about 7AM,

Isagenix is good for what you can manage. They have that whole cleanse which is just controlled starvation. I don't know if that's really worth it. I use the shakes most every morning and then eat a clean lunch and dinner. My issue is that lunch is at 12:20 and I eat dinner at 7:00 which leaves room for a meal when I get home. If I'm being good I have a couple of snacks to hold me over. If I'm not I get a fast food meal and wreck the rest of the work I did during the day. That plus M&M's. They should be considered a food group.
What's in the shakes you can't make at home with fresh ingredients? I've been drinking fruit and veggie smoothies with Almond milk for a few months

What's in the shakes you can't make at home with fresh ingredients? I've been drinking fruit and veggie smoothies with Almond milk for a few months

It’s probably just as good as your shakes. For me it’s anout not having to think. I just grab and go. It’s a low calorie breakfast with some good nutrients mixed in. I’d have to check the label and see what’s in there exactly but that’s a lot of effort.

Rumor was you were once fat, what did you do? Diet, exercise, both, surgery? Please educate

thats a state secret howd you find out?

diet and exercise, biggest thing was i moved out of my parents house and started buying and cooking food for myself (instead of mom doing it for me). I stopped buying all junk food and ate a protein heavy diet, with very minimal added (key word here) sugar. At the same time my riding mileage went up, I graduated college in May at 180-185, by January i was 170, by June (in fact earlier than that, just not sure exactly when) i was 160. about 3 years ago i was all the way down to 155, but that ended up being unsustainable (for me) and iv since rebounded back up some (167 as of this morning)

It’s probably just as good as your shakes. For me it’s anout not having to think. I just grab and go. It’s a low calorie breakfast with some good nutrients mixed in. I’d have to check the label and see what’s in there exactly but that’s a lot of effort.
what would you say are your calorie percentages for each meal? Why low cal for breakfast when you're going to be up for many hours?

thats a state secret howd you find out?

diet and exercise, biggest thing was i moved out of my parents house and started buying and cooking food for myself (instead of mom doing it for me). I stopped buying all junk food and ate a protein heavy diet, with very minimal added (key word here) sugar. At the same time my riding mileage went up, I graduated college in May at 180-185, by January i was 170, by June (in fact earlier than that, just not sure exactly when) i was 160. about 3 years ago i was all the way down to 155, but that ended up being unsustainable (for me) and iv since rebounded back up some (167 as of this morning)

That's a problem when others have different menus or preferences. My wife and my in-laws are all single digit %fat and they still eating rich foods every day, really hard having a common menu with them. I already eat pretty healthy, little junk foods, desserts, milk or candy. Gotta work on portion size and limit fats (juicy steaks are my weakness). Glad it worked out for you

Back
Top Bottom