OOS MOGA

I just want to do lewmo for the chance to ride in a group wayway would be to long a ride and to far for me to swing it, I have been jonesing for some wayway this season :(
Yea in all honesty LewMo does work better but I really am not a fan.

Yea in all honesty LewMo does work better but I really am not a fan.

tourne, wildcat, mooches, KVSP(I see you @Mtbdog), Mahlon dickerson, dickerson mine are all within my ability but I thought I nice easy ride was in order this week. Plus I pulled my groin at ringwood and it hurts to do anything.

do 2 rides saturday wayway sunday easy ride?

Will be fun. I will be taking my Hightower this time. If you plan on taking your bike, I would think about protecting the down tube as I am thinking it will get scratched from the lift.
I was considering renting a downhill bike from them but have heard they don't really maintain them all that well.. Don't know of my little 150/135 travel will cut it..But I am upgrading to 203mm brakes

I was considering renting a downhill bike from them but have heard they don't really maintain them all that well.. Don't know of my little 150/135 travel will cut it..But I am upgrading to 203mm brakes
I rented the last time I was there and you are correct in that the rentals are not very well maintained. If you do rent, make sure they set the sag and the brakes work. Also bring a multitool as you may want to adjust the brake levers position as you go along. Quite different from your usual trail riding.

We checked how much travel I was using doing the green and blue trails and I think I used about 100mm but that prolly had more to do with it not being set up correctly.
I spoke with another Hightower owner who rides his at Creek and he felt that it was adequate... but then again... he is only 150lbs or so.

I rented the last time I was there and you are correct in that the rentals are not very well maintained. If you do rent, make sure they set the sag and the brakes work. Also bring a multitool as you may want to adjust the brake levers position as you go along. Quite different from your usual trail riding.

We checked how much travel I was using doing the green and blue trails and I think I used about 100mm but that prolly had more to do with it not being set up correctly.
I spoke with another Hightower owner who rides his at Creek and he felt that it was adequate... but then again... he is only 150lbs or so.
@Dajerseyrat rent at Ridetopia before the Park, seems they give a damn about their bikes and customers

I'll know for sure in a week, but we're registered for 3 school visits that weekend. My excuse is my kids, Kevin's just a vegetarian.... If I can make it, I'm demanding a full OOS attendance.
Any update on whether you can lead at CR?

I think you are better off renting one of their beatup bikes and beating it up more, versus beating up your own bike. I wouldn't recommend buying one of their used bikes though.

Maybe we can have multiple groups again. Keep both LewMo and Waway and see how it plays out thru out the week
What day and time do you want to propose for Waway?
We have LewMo for Sunday @ 8AM
Heck.... might as well put down CR for Sunday @7AM for @qclabrat

Easier because its not technical but will give you a good work out

i like that you guys ride early. may join you on sunday at 8

i like that you guys ride early. may join you on sunday at 8
Our rides are open to all.

@qclabrat is your CR morning ride sat or sun?
Correct at Saturday. Check the 1st page of this thread cuz going forward I am going to try to be diligent on this.
So... If you see anyone with questions regarding our rides, you can also refer them to the 1st page as well. If its not on there, it just means we have not completed our discussion and still pending.

Last edited:
download.jpeg

Our rides are open to all.

Its Sunday. Check the 1st page of this thread cuz going forward I am going to try to be diligent on this.
So... If you see anyone with questions regarding our rides, you can also refer them to the 1st page as well. If its not on there, it just means we have not completed our discussion and still pending.
You are wrong, @Mtbdog is right, Saturday

Walt how long are you planing on riding? The race will be over at 9:15, could get to CR by 10. Would you still be there to give me a heads up?

Back
Top Bottom