OOS MOGA

11 miles with 1200ft of elevation! That's pretty damn impressive! Good show!
I didn't think it was terribly steep. Just long steady climbs via road and fire road.
Of course I had to cramp like a …. (enter your expletives)

Also had a few mechanicals which provided a lot of rest.

This weekend is Jungle. @Mr.Moto @ridgehog please post date, time and meet up spot. Always good to have more than one person who knows the park.
Weather channel forecasts rain on Sat with Sun being clear but Accuweather has both days clear. I'll go with Accuweather!
Since we got Sourlands and Wildcat under our belts, I think Jungle will be tons of fun. I've only been there once, couple of years ago but I don't remember it to be as technical as the two previously mentioned. Not much climbing either. Of course my memory is not as good as it used to be so I could be totally off.

View attachment 75018

Love watching the OOS crew tear it up at all these fun places and wanted to jump in on some of these rides. Unfortunately I have been mostly sidelined by some painful back issues for the last few weeks after getting back from a Kingdom Trails trip (BTW, everyone should hit up KT / Burke Mtn / Millstone at some point - riding is just awesome. I have some raw video I can link if anyone is interested, but my riding doesn't do these places justice though).

Anyhoo, the back is still a work in progress. Started PT last week and did a short ride on Friday. Riding non-technical trails seems to be okay. It's the techy, body shifting or bail moves that can cause some problems. I'm still game, but not sure if I will be in the best shape to lead. I'll probably have a better idea in a couple of days. Hopefully @ridgehog will be available or I can phone a friend.

Love watching the OOS crew tear it up at all these fun places and wanted to jump in on some of these rides. Unfortunately I have been mostly sidelined by some painful back issues for the last few weeks after getting back from a Kingdom Trails trip (BTW, everyone should hit up KT / Burke Mtn / Millstone at some point - riding is just awesome. I have some raw video I can link if anyone is interested, but my riding doesn't do these places justice though).

Anyhoo, the back is still a work in progress. Started PT last week and did a short ride on Friday. Riding non-technical trails seems to be okay. It's the techy, body shifting or bail moves that can cause some problems. I'm still game, but not sure if I will be in the best shape to lead. I'll probably have a better idea in a couple of days. Hopefully @ridgehog will be available or I can phone a friend.
Damn... sorry to hear. Hope you can heal well enough for the Jungle ride, but if not... no worries. Just concentrate on getting better as we will have more opportunities to ride.

Ok Mr. Wheelie …. its all you. Lettuce know!

when are you guys trying to hit jungle? i know my way around well enough (i just dont know all the trial names)

11 miles with 1200ft of elevation! That's pretty damn impressive! Good show!

11 miles of pure slick and slippery goodness. Took two falls stupidly going over an angled log. @C8N and @JimN got front row seats for the first one. Second fall was descending and landed pretty hard right below my left man boob. As @BPaze said, we tend to fall on the 'easy' parts.

I remember it was a chilly, rainy morning. Luckily the rain stopped when we started!

Yeah, sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure I was hanging out by the wood fire pizza vendor trying to stay warm between rides that year.

Heal up, also looking forward to a review of those crazy trails Millstone

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom