OOS MOGA

Great to meet new folks. Great ride thanks to B+B for the trail knowledge was nice doing different trails! Thanks to all, let's do it again!

Good ride looking forward to the next one, @Berms&Boofs I think you helped me with the wheel issue I appreciate it. Gonna need a whole bunch of additional tools now to prep for anything.

What happened?

Popped a spoke on the hub side then punctured the rim tape and flatted. Had to pop out the spoke and stem and then through a tube in to finish. Was a real pain trail side.

I am now looking for that 27.5+ rear tire asap lol

Popped a spoke on the hub side then punctured the rim tape and flatted. Had to pop out the spoke and stem and then through a tube in to finish. Was a real pain trail side.

I am now looking for that 27.5+ rear tire asap lol
Common problem, that's why we pack duct tape. Tape the broken spoke to another. It's also time to go tubeless.

Really a common problem? I've never broken a spoke.
mostly because I used to ride cheaper crappier wheels. Less likely with the newer better stuff. Though I did break a spoke on the rear of a SRAM Rail 50 last year. I believe weight has something to do with some failures, for me or you probably less so.

I have broken at least a dozen spokes. Kinda depends on where and what you ride.
Rick's a regular at Sourlands, he crushes plenty of rocks. He just rides new wheels every year.

I've broken 1 spoke.... at six miles lol
Didn't even know it was broken until I checked the bike the next day.

I was trying to think if I had a stick kick up in the spokes, I know I had a few sticks kick up, but didn't think they were that bad.

Back
Top Bottom