Old skool-12x36t 9 speed cassette?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've got a sweet X0 drivetrain on the Muk but want a little more gear (30t front currently). Back in the day shimano made hg61 and HG400 12-36 9 speed cassettes. Anyone have one in a parts bin they wanna ditch? Still around new and used but not sure if the RD will work so would like to try it first. Yeah, I know it isn't that much for a whole 10 speed drivetrain but the X0 shifts like butta so would like to keep it. Thanks!

Don't have a spare but my opinion is that the 9 speed SRAM short cage is the best shifting setup ever made. It operates like a well oiled gun. Click clack. I still run it on my hard tail and my fat bike.

It is awfully nice and I've swapped that drivetrain from bike to bike after I bought it used from Tim Warchol (remember him?}. It's too bad I can't go smaller up front, that'd be the best solution.

I might have a shimano 9spd cassette. Will check tonight but it's definitely not new in box like Jimmys.

I might have a shimano 9spd cassette. Will check tonight but it's definitely not new in box like Jimmys.

His list of demands is often daunting if not deranged. Let me know if you find it thx!

I picked up a 9sp Sunrace 11-36 a few months back, that plays very well with my LX RD. The jockey wheel winds up very close to the 36T cog, but it runs and shifts well. It was cheap too, like $30/Amazon Prime. Recommended.

This is probably why. I have a Zee short cage on my Bandit and it's also awesome.
I think the 10 speed stuff just isn't as crisp. My 11 speed SRAM isn't the top top end but it's way way sloppier. I still love the 11 speed but it's not the bang shift of the old 9 speed stuff.

Got a couple 11-34's,
and one 13-36, but pretty sure that's a 10sp cassette missing a cog...
Let me know if you want to Frankencog it.

Although I generally agree with the htfu sentiment this is for a 30 pound bike I ride in the snow at walking speeds. I do currently have a 11-34 on it. The 10 speed cassette is interesting but the spacing is narrower and I doubt it'll work that well.
Appreciate you guys digging through the parts bin for me!

I remember upgrading from a 9spd 11-34 to 10spd 11-36. I thought that 36t was a god sent.

Now I'm on a 42 and want a 46. Lol

I remember upgrading from a 9spd 11-34 to 10spd 11-36. I thought that 36t was a god sent.

Now I'm on a 42 and want a 46. Lol
Riding granny will never make you stronger. You need a singlespeed training bike!

I am in the process of converting the POSS to single speed
What hills will you be climbing on that thing? Greenway to GWB I hope?:)

Which reminds me... there was a huge lack of city riding this year.

Back
Top Bottom