Norm and Utah...Dot the right Thing!

Can't you debate without getting ugly? Its ok to make points but there is no need to get nasty.

I'm still catching up on this (I thought this was dead yesterday), but my thoughts exactly after reading Sevenz's post.

I'm still trying to figure out who Dot is

Well I got sucked into reading all 12 pages of this thread. is it too late to bring back the nuremburg war crimes tribunal?

I really don't know anybody too well here, but it sure seems like Norm and Utah are stand up guys, and Mike had to make a decision and it was made and hopefully everybody had a good time at the race.

biggest disappointment in this thread: no posts by FFT. I would think he would have some spot-on commentary on this.

maybe Jimmy Carter could lend a hand here?

After I finished I rolled up to Mike and told him the deal -

I was unsure. Immediately after I finished I went to the promoter and told him what I knew. Then he made a decision.

Mike has said the results are final, and they will go down in history this way.

I have raced with Norm and have to spoke to him serval times.. we are not friends... but i can tell you this... He is a straight shooter.
He told and a decision was made.

That the end of it... I think that there should be * after his name though...LOL

Now I have to train so I can keep up! So, I can catch him in the act next time.. :)

biggest disappointment in this thread: no posts by FFT. I would think he would have some spot-on commentary on this.

holy hell you're right! this would just be gem after gem with him.
maybe he got carried away on the back of a bunch of crabs, johnny depp style?

This was a lot to take in.... Running races and making these calls are not easy at the time. There is no instant replay on race day or helicopter footage to go back and watch. I am Switzerland on this one, but appreciate and respect that everyone has a right to voice their point of view.

As a side note, I raced one lap, DNF and I didn't get credit for that in the results, but you don't see me complaining ;) I had a blast and I'm sure all of you did too... Now does anyone have a flux capacitor I can borrow?? :p

7740584938_f6fc97c475.jpg

Really...I get that maybe this could have been handled differently but was the DH40 a race or a get together for people to have a casual jaunt through the woods and a burger and beer afterwards? If that was the case. those of us that RACED, could have just made the trip, road the trail, saved the dough and had burgers and beers afterwards. I know quite a few people that take this race seriously... it is an opportunity to do some good racing at a great venue against your local boys.

I also get that sometimes it is hard to make decision on the spot. However, once it was brought to the promoters attention, things should have been put on hold whether they were 30 minutes ahead or not. A race is a race and rules need to be followed and in my opinion, this is not a judgement call at all. Especially when Norm was honest enough to bring it up himself. Anything could have happened in that small section..flats, crashes, smashed derrailurs, etc..Anyone who races, knows what can happen.

I was about a minute and half behind the 1st place guy but did go of course twice and the garmin shows it. Should that time be deducted and should I get 1st? NO it was my mistake whether it could have been posted better or not. The bottom line is it was the same for everyone.

Little disappointed and surprised how this was handled.

... but was the DH40 a race or a get together for people to have a casual jaunt through the woods and a burger and beer afterwards? If that was the case. those of us that RACED, could have just made the trip, road the trail, saved the dough and had burgers and beers afterwards.

:hmmm: But then you would have had to spend your own dough on beer and burgers then, so that would have been a wash.

(Another argument handled with cold unimpeachable logic.)

Good Point..but I would have been eating some cranking house burgers and drinking my beer of my choice. Might have been tough to bring the ices though..

Back
Top Bottom