New rider from Roebling NJ

Welcome to mtb! Rent a bike from one of the shops you see here and ride this weekend! Check the "What's happening... thread and pick one. Good luck and happy trails!☺

Mtbdog i actually purchased a hardtail. Nothing fancy and pretty beginner it seems. I got a 2018 Diamondback Sync'r. Just waiting for it to arrive. I also purchased a dropper post for it since i hear nothing but best mod hands down in regards to them. Cannot wait to get out on the trails and learn the ropes.

does your new bike look something like this?

d0ffaa1d27716eac6fcfec991560f0e0.jpg

man... i wish i had admin powers right now. ;)

Welcome!

Welcome @Godzilla ...man I can't believe that name was still open here. Kudos! Like I offered to your buddy, I'm happy to give a tour of Hartshorne /Huber woods when you're ready.

Welcome from a former Edison resident, lived near the Plainfield CC after I first got hitched.
Have you been riding or is a new hobby?

Can you give us a history tour of Roebling?

I've been looking to visit the town actually due to the history...

I am totally down to cruise Roebling with people. Its actually a rather small town. But it does have a historic museum that displays the original steel mill crucibles, tracks, gears etc etc. I come from a foundry background so i love it. And mountain biking is totally foreign to me. I have ridden a 20 inch for well over 20 years, and have ridden for animal bikes, been in videos and magazines etc etc.. so i do have a background in cycling. But at 38 it has taken its toll. So i picked up a road bike and my fiance got a cheap Wally world mountain bike. And well the bug hit and to Youtube i went.
And next thing i knew i had bought a beginner hardtail the 2018 Diamondback Sync'r. I know it is nothing special and or amazing, but i am positive it will help me learn the ropes while not breaking the bank.
Only issue is that it was on backorder and i wont be getting it for another week or 2.
I am positive once ( new member as well ) Taylor gets his bike, we will totally be down to ride, meetup, hangout. And 6 mile run according to the gentlrman Alexander ( who works at the r.e.i by princeton ) is the closest, and best place to cut your teeth at

Welcome curious was animal based out of Clifton? Used to work in an office next to a bike company think it was animal the warehouse wasn’t bunch of ramps. It was really cool

BPaze yup that would be it. Run by a guy named Ralphe Sinisi.
Him , and that crew were the originators of just dirty jersey, and NYC street riding. They kicked it all off.
It was the greatest time to be a 20inch rider those years. All about progression, and being your own rider with your own style. I miss that

And 6 mile run according to the gentlrman Alexander ( who works at the r.e.i by princeton ) is the closest, and best place to cut your teeth at
Welcome! Six Mile Run is great, also check out Mercer County Park. Looks like it's a LOT closer to you....
Check out the trail directory here for South Jerzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom