New epic brain issues

Dairyman

Just picked up the 20/21 epic with the newest brain. It does not have the locked out feeling of the previous version. If I add more air it becomes excessively stiff. I also set the sag and rebound per the specialized website app.

when set to their spec it feels like I’m running on a mattress when out of the saddle.

Can’t imagine that both the front and rear shock are defective.

Just picked up the 20/21 epic with the newest brain. It does not have the locked out feeling of the previous version. If I add more air it becomes excessively stiff. I also set the sag and rebound per the specialized website app.

when set to their spec it feels like I’m running on a mattress when out of the saddle.

Is there a negative/positive air chamber to equalize? I am not that familiar with the brain but typically you need to pump the shock up maybe half pressure and then cycle it a few times, then to 75%, cycle some more and then up to the pressure you want.

There isn’t a neg and pos air chamber on the new sid (as far as I can tell). The manual appears to be for a previous model. It does reference pos/neg chambers that you mentioned.

I’m going to let all the air out front and back fill half and cycle Hope that fixes it. All the reviews say it should ride like a hardtail. It is completely the opposite.

I have a 2019 so the newer version might be a bit different. Don't set the sag to their air pressure recommendations, measure everything out. I set the rear to about 12.5 mm of stroke movement. The front I set the pressure at about 3/4 of what they recommend.

The brain does nothing for the first 25% of travel, so having the SAG correct makes a big difference

What did your LBS recommend ?

I have a 2019 so the newer version might be a bit different. Don't set the sag to their air pressure recommendations, measure everything out. I set the rear to about 12.5 mm of stroke movement. The front I set the pressure at about 3/4 of what they recommend.

The brain does nothing for the first 25% of travel, so having the SAG correct makes a big difference
Thanks I read that about the 19s thought it was changed for 20

Back
Top Bottom