Need some newer bike recomendations

did you get a chance to ride uphill twisties or switchbacks. That's one of my big requirements which my next bike will have.
This is all skill, not bike. I have seen people do crazy stuff on the wrong bike.

This is all skill, not bike. I have seen people do crazy stuff on the wrong bike.
I hear you, but then why we wasting time here talking bikes
1530197752496.png

Great review, did you get a chance to ride uphill twisties or switchbacks. That's one of my big requirements which my next bike will have.
Also didn't pickup that you got the 27.5 version, any reason not the 29, especially for short/mid travel and your height? I've tried to love 27.5, but maybe haven't been on the right bike for me.

No issue with uphill twisties, front track straight and true, I had some PRs on a twisty uphill and I wasn't pushing hard, but I really haven't on any of my bikes. I think my rigid fat bike would be fastest here, just because I can stand and hammer and not waste any energy, its pretty smooth. The only true tight switchback that we go up here are bermed and you can get enough speed to use the berm. On one of the steeper root climbs, I had to make a hard left, then hard right to avoid a root bank that I wasn't carrying enough speed to clear. No issues, no floppy front end, no lose of traction, strava says 26% grade. I was surprised the bike did well. I tried the climb again trying to go over the roots, stalled out and didn't clear them, just not enough speed again. Third time was a charm with the right gear and speed. At no time did I feel the bike caused any issues

I got the 27.5 for two reasons, couldn't find a carbon 29 xl anywhere and want to see if the 27.5 was more playful, poppier. Will I be happy with that choice when I ride trails where roll over becomes an issue...time will tell.

I hear you, but then why we wasting time here talking bikes
View attachment 71182
My point is that just about any bike you pick will do what you want it to do with skills. I bought my Transition just because I liked the way it looked and the frame price was good. I never rode one previously. Buy what you like, and your review of a bike may be different than someone else's. Just don't buy a Treck.

My point is that just about any bike you pick will do what you want it to do with skills. I bought my Transition just because I liked the way it looked and the frame price was good. I never rode one previously. Buy what you like, and your review of a bike may be different than someone else's. Just don't buy a Treck.

I think a demo is important. If I had purchased a 429T based on the size they recommend without a demo, I would not have been happy with the bike. I was fighting the bike everywhere. Would it still ride all the trails I wanted, sure. But it annoyed the shit out of me while do it. The bike just didn't work for me. Other love it and can rip on it. People might ride the Django and hate it. Different riding styles or personal preference do play a big part. Although I did have a older Rocky Mountain slayer that wouldn't climb at all, front end flopped around like a fish out of water...that was just a bad climbing bike

Supermoto thank for the great reviews. I have not yet had enough riding in on the Tallboy to formulate any real good review other then the short 3.5 mile ride I took the other night was fantastic in comparison to what I have ridden.

Back
Top Bottom