Need HELP finding stem with low stack height

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I need a very low stack height stem that fits a 1 1/8 steerer and a 31.8 handlebar. Trying to find something 30mm or thinner. Suggestions?

If anyone can tell me where I can find one of these for 1 1/8 steerer, I'll buy you a case of beer!

455355.jpg

You could make your own spacer using PVC Pipe. I have made some for Handlebar and Steerer Stem. Cut the length of PVC you need and then cut it in half lengthwise. I had to put it on a grinding wheel to get a perfect fit. Make sure to wear a dust mask when grinding.

You could make your own spacer using PVC Pipe. I have made some for Handlebar and Steerer Stem. Cut the length of PVC you need and then cut it in half lengthwise. I had to put it on a grinding wheel to get a perfect fit. Make sure to wear a dust mask when grinding.

No my man, Ironjunk is correct, my steerer is too short on my new fork. Rather than go through the headache of reselling the fork, I want to try a stem that has about 10mm less stack height than mine, which is 42mm.

The dangerboy will work but I'm trying to find something closer to 70mm in length.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can get headsets with a lower stack...it won't be much.

You can get riser bars and twist them a little forward.

Sometimes you can get headsets with a lower stack...it won't be much.

You can get riser bars and twist them a little forward.

The problem is that I alredy have an internal headset. I have 30mm of steerer tube to work with. :eek: There seems to be plenty of stems with stack heights of 35mm or less but they're all super short for freeride and DH. I need this for my trail bike so I would really like to find one 70-90mm in length.

I don't have one in front of me to measure, but check out FSA OS stems. Definitely on the shorter side.

Thanks gents. I found my stem ...Sunline V1 XC Stem with a 33mm stack height and 90mm long.
GRE_D2.jpg

Thanks gents. I found my stem ...Sunline V1 XC Stem with a 33mm stack height and 90mm long.

AS, just a suggestion. The bmx star nutz tend to be twice as strong as the standard ones. This may be something you want to consider.

AS, just a suggestion. The bmx star nutz tend to be twice as strong as the standard ones. This may be something you want to consider.

Very cool. Will look into it but I think the new stem will solve my problem.:hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom