Nashbar carbon opinions....

YouRang87

Hey guys, bought a 2010 fuji roubaix back in feb. I have been slowly upgrading most of it. Still deciding on the if I like the compact crank... Anyways everything has been upgraded to ultegra level or kept to 105. My last order of business handlebars, bar tape and new cables. After relizing how much I've spent I'm thinking of getting nashbar carbon handlebars... My goals are comfort and reduced road buzz for longer rides VS weight savings.. Anyone have any experience with nashbar carbon? Am I cutting corners? I'm switching to thinker tape as well. Will the nashbar carbon bars do their job or should I fork out another 150 for name brand? They're just bars but then again they're handlebars! Mind you my bike is all aluminum and it's strictly road for I have a dedicated gravel/ cross bike. Current bars are inHouse fuji oval. Whatcha thinking, any experience? What would you do? Bounce some ideas off me... Thanks guys.

bo help with your Qs. but you can always up to mid-compact for a reasonable $$$....don't even need the to change the chain length.

All these carbon bars are coming out of similar factories. The more expensive ones are just designed elsewhere and have higher quality control. So a cheap carbon bar is just heavier (more carbon material) to make up for any quality concerns. I'm sure you'd be fine with the Nashbar bars. It could be said that the more expensive bars would soak up more vibration while being just as strong or stronger. The difference may be difficult to feel while riding. If you are just trying to build a bike on the cheap...go cheap. But when you save up for a boutique bike...No more Nashbar.

Some good insight and advice! Now do I "need" new carbon bars, no I don't. But my bar tape is past it's prime, and I'm pretty sure it's original cables so I want to replace them. Looking at the bike it's literally the last thing to " upgrade" as everything else has been done. My goal for the cf bars is to reduce some buzz that's it and I'm trying figure if these nashbars would take some buzz out. I plan to switch up to 3.5 bar tape as well. Hey it's a " cheap" bike I'm upgrading and hopeing to get a few yeArs out of it until I buy a brand new one that makes me not want to ride this one. Just trying to figure if it's even worth, getting cheap nashbars, expensive carbon or none of the above and just switch to thicker tape. Just want some opinions. Mind you all parts are going to stay on the bike, I don't ever plan on switching them to another

Switch to thicker tape. Or put the gel pads under regular tape. Cheaper and just as effective as the cheap carbon bar. Remember, when it is time to replace this bike, you go full in with good stuff. I'm just trying to help you save now so you can spend later for better stuff that will really make a difference. ;)

that's some coin for tape, I usually go with the cheapo stuff on sale
I do like the gel pads, anyone have some economical recommendations?

I have a $40 carbon Chinese bar and I'm totally happy with it. It's seen some serious abuse and it keeps going strong. And carbon makes a hell of a difference in vibrations through your hands!

Back
Top Bottom