My hartshorne and Huber Woods Park pictures

Go to 1:38 in your video, on the left, has anyone ever hit that feature?

Last Saturday a buddy and I finally made it, I have a shaky video of him nailing the landing (mind you, hes 50 yrs old).

-Jordon

That thing is like a launch ramp. I stay clear away from that

That thing is like a launch ramp. I stay clear away from that

It really isn't that bad, because the small hill you have to get over before going down to where it is, slows your speed down. Later I will post the video. Buddy I rode with, hit it slow and made it.

It's amazing how video has the tendency to flatten things out.

that feature looks like nothing on video. but if its the one i am thinking of it's on Rocky Point. it's a bit higher than it looks on the vid and the landing is off-camber (sp?...i.e., slanted). so, to answer the question, no.

fwiw, I am not sure how you hit that feature "slow". it's designed as a "lauch ramp" (as Chainsaw put it) - i.e., it's meant to be hit with speed, as a jump.

Last edited:
don - the "real" Devils Elbow is on the Rocky Point trail. it has a nearly 180-degree turn at the mid-point after which is gets progressively steeper. its a nice challenge.

yeah about the fire road - those ruts are going to claim a victim. you dont expect a 2-foot deep canyon in the middle of a fire road and they kinda blend in (some are right behind the water bars) so I could totally see someone not seeing them and dipping their front wheel in there. with the speeds you get get on that hill....bad news!!!

That has been a tricky section forever. I've never known it as Devil's Elbow tho. I rode up it the other day for the first time in years. Wasn't too bad but I was semi-fresh after parking in the back lot. With a little work that could be a lot smoother/better but as it is it's not horrible.

I went down the fireroad where you were talking - wasn't as bad as I thought but I was expecting it and usually ride on the sides anyways.

One thing that sucked was going back up that climb on Grand Tour up to the water tour. The whole run should be grenaded save for the new re-route up top. The bottom that feeds to/from the fireroad is like an old stream and is the bottom of everything so there is no place for the water to drain. The climb with the waterbars is so eroded and nasty. I made it up without a dab/stop but it was aweful. It is a true shame as there is some great topography in that area.

Last Saturday a buddy and I finally made it, I have a shaky video of him nailing the landing (mind you, hes 50 yrs old).

-Jordon

I eyed it on the way up that trail the other day. Looks sketch but with a long sussy rig it might launch smooth. The landing looks a little flat and you'll need to hip right on it. Maybe I'll bitch run it next time I'm there and if it feels right I'll give it a try.

i rode by it today. and actually found another one. i took pics but im to tired to put them up right now. ill do it tommrow

i found another one

the begining
mail

this is the entire thing
mail

another angle
mail

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions