Mountain Man Race Day

thought it was a total of 10 miles on the bike? are they advertising it falsely?

much much easier loop than the h2h lewis morris loop. should be sloppy based on sat storm . but can't be as bad as last years conditions!

Race Day

i bagged out on @shrpshtr325 for today, but @sarcaro is stepping up to take my place.
Be safe, run like the wind. well, maybe there is a better metaphor, but that one comes to mind.

Team @graveyardman67 is going to be tough to beat, although in the past,
there have been some ringer relay teams - mostly dominated by one of the disciplines,
They may have both going. The only disadvantage is the runner doesn't know the course,
and signage could be lacking. At less than 2 miles, a light pre-run might make a good warm-up.

My running coach is throwing her hat in the ring with one of the local speedsters on the bike.
So i'll wish @auntiebeekeeper good luck. Not sure of her teammate's handle.

Good luck to all the individual racers jumping in the mix - would have loved to line up with you all.
Take some pictures! And remember they video the finish line, so arms up!

And good luck @alanv - defending the title!

Last edited:
@nice job @graveyardman67 and the rocket boy winning the relay
@shrpshtr325 had a bike time that matched Bill's, - so that is no joke. Teaming up with @sarcaro who improved her last time by
a metric shit load, produced a solid third.

Looks like @alanv was victimized by a ringer runner, but put up a monster bike time.

@terrabike01 had a solid top 10 loop.

i see a few other names on there, but not sure about the handle here. Esp the F Athletes.

who did DG from HB summit (and formerly HG) relay with? @jimvreeland

Results

https://my1.raceresult.com/111174/results?lang=en

Last edited:
@nice job @graveyardman67 and the rocket boy winning the relay
@shrpshtr325 had a bike time that matched Bill's, - so that is no joke. Teaming up with @sarcaro who improved her last time by
a metric shit load, produced a solid third.

Looks like @alanv was victimized by a ringer runner, but put up a monster bike time.

@terrabike01 had a solid top 10 loop.

i see a few other names on there, but not sure about the handle here. Esp the F Athletes.

who did DG from HB summit (and formerly HG) relay with?

Results

https://my1.raceresult.com/111174/results?lang=en
Thanks @fidodie My 1st Biathlon and I haven't ran more than a block in 20+ years. Was stoked I got 1st in my age group! Race was a blast though!

And congrats to @alanv ! There was a lot of fast runners out there! Was good to see @sarcaro as well. And congrats to her as well! She didn't have any brownies with her which was a little upsetting.

Last edited:
Thanks @fidodie My 1st Biathlon and I haven't ran more than a block in 20+ years. Was stoked I got 1st in my age group! Race was a blast though!

And congrats to @alanv ! There was a lot of fast runners out there! Was good to see @sarcaro as well. She didn't have any brownie with her which was a little upsetting.

she had choc chip cookies instead! she never shows up without dessert.

congrats to all!!! such a fun, low key race but yet still super challenging. Some some amazing athletes out there. My race was within 10 seconds of my time last year but not good enough this year...my bike was not as fast as last year which really hurt me.

Back
Top Bottom