Motobecane 29er frames?

ScottyB29er

Looking to purchase a new frame soon. Just stumbled upon these Motobecane Phantom 29 and Outcast 29 frames on eBay. I've heard of the name but haven't heard much about them as far as being good or bad. Anybody know? The Outcast 29 seems like a good deal at $195 with free shipping. It has adjustable dropouts for SS or gears. I guess I should have mentioned towards the begining that Im not trying to spend a ton. Basically just want to replace the frame I have now because its too big.

Thanks guys I checked out the frame you guys recommended. It is pretty nice but the sizing is a little off from what I need. I need a seat tube length of 16.5 in - 17.5 in. Problem with my frame now is I have zero clearance between my nuts and the top tube. I tried a 17.5 and that gave me enough room. An 18 would still be too big and a 16 would probably be too small. I will look into the brand more so thanks for the info!!! :)

A longer seat tube length doesn't necessarily translate into a higher standover. The headtube length and slope of the top tube play into that as well. It's absolutely possible that the one manufacturer's 18 has the same or lower standover than another's 17.5.

The specs show the 17 Outcast and the 18 Razzo have the same 30.9 standover.

I've seen both the Outcast and the Razzo in person and the welds on the Razzo are much, much cleaner.

I did notice the welds on the Razzo looked really good. Im gonna look more into it. Thanks for the help. I used to BMX back in the day and the only thing that would really matter in finding a frame was top tube length. Didn't realize at first that there is so much more to be considered when shopping for an MTB frame.

Back
Top Bottom