Motobecane 2016 NightTrain Bullet

Robson

Anyone have this bike? What do you think? And please, do not tell me how bad Motobecane is:)

My buddy purchased the fantom 29er... i think, and it was a solid bike . He has no complaints

Fat bike curious are we.

Pretty sure you were in haters club not to long ago :)

Moto fat anything is heavy. By the time you swap everything you end up with a $2,000+ where you can get from shop. Resale is always better with a shop bike if that means anything.

Yes I recently bought a cheap b+ for my kid which is really one of there 170mm fatbikes yet I had all the matchy parts and built better cheaper wheels. That bike out of the box was close to 35# I got it closer to 28# but changed 90% of everything.

I have tried fat bike last weekend at Jorba fest and I'm not impressed at all...I don't think it's for me.

image.jpg

As my fatty beer stem cap says

I have tried fat bike last weekend at Jorba fest and I'm not impressed at all...I don't think it's for me.

It takes some time, it took months of snow riding until I made the switch full time. But your first impression is understandable.

It takes some time, it took months of snow riding until I made the switch full time. But your first impression is understandable.
That's what my fat bikes friends told me but if I'm not impressed initially then I'm very sceptical.

Ok I will bite what did you demo?

I say because I rode a few and some were god awful.

4" or 5"

Rigid or bluto?

Non impressed ? Holy hell youre the first
I took the Farley out for a demo at Jungle and wasn't too impressed either, so am I the second? I really think it was mostly due to the tires having tubes and running too high of a pressure though. I mean it wasn't all bad... the bike just plowed over boulders with almost no effort like if you just typed a cheat code into a video game. I think that if they were set up tubeless with much lower pressure, it wouldn't have been pinging me around as it was and I would have loved it.

Demo-ing a fatbike is hit or miss at best. Half a psi can have a huge impact on the "personality" of the bike. And don't get me started on tires. o_O That being said, even in perfect conditions it may not be right for you, and that's cool too. :cool:

Last edited:
I took the Farley out for a demo at Jungle and wasn't too impressed either, so am I the second? I really think it was mostly due to the tires having tubes and running too high of a pressure though. I mean it wasn't all bad... the bike just plowed over boulders with almost no effort like if you just typed a cheat code into a video game. I think that if they were set up tubeless with much lower pressure, it wouldn't have been pinging me around as it was and I would have loved it.
i guess that's why i loved the fatbike so much. it was already set up tubeless, it is a new class of cheating... i know... not fair...

edit- just to clarify, the bike is just a tool, its the user who makes it really work well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom