Most overhyped bike trend?

Like Fat Bikes, I think it's a regional thing of what the area has.

There's a bunch of bikepackers near me, but there's also a lot of overnight hikers and also bikers so it's not that weird to combine the two. But I don't think NJ lends itself to any great overnight bikepacking spots just as it's not great for hiking. I see them on both gravel bikes and mountain bikes while in the national forest.

I guess if you're the sort of person that really just wants to get away to a campsite, build a campfire, sit around it and then sleep in a tent, it's the same thing if you road a bike in or hiked in. But yeah I doubt the numbers are huge but I'm willing to bet the #s jump up in upstate NY, VT/NH.
I guess it’s relative to the amount of people I personally saw outfit their bikes with crazy bags, then at best actually go bikepacking maybe once. Where I live it was totally a fad for a couple years, all of a sudden I starting seeing Crust bikes fully kitted out.

Like you said, there’s totally people who will bikepack, but for most people it’s driven by a lot of good intentions. But most of the outdoor and exercise industry is built upon optimism anyway.

Winner - fake riding has got to be #1

Damnit, you wasn't supposed to be the first to agree.

Now the rest of mtbnj trying to justify how zwift is good to prove Rick wrong...

1j9mml.jpg

Damnit, you wasn't supposed to be the first to agree.

Any time Rick agrees with something you post, you immediately rethink what you believe.

My answer to the question is obviously disc brakes, dropper posts, and suspension. Maybe tubeless tires. In fact, the whole damn bike from bumper to bumper is overhyped. We should all just be bowling.

Agree. A threaded BB is a press-fit inside a threaded housing. Unless someone can show me a bearing with threads on the outside of it... Get the appropriate tools to replace them and don't stress.
But it’s still threaded into the frame, the bearings are pressed into aluminum cups. Unless you’ve got something like a Hope or Chris King BB you’re S-canning the whole thing and putting an entire new one in.

That may be a very under hyped feature to the over hyped solution of internally routed cables

One of the reasons I don't have a Pivot. Loudest cable rattle I've ever experienced.

And no, I don't want to fuck around with the little tubes they give you to self install, just make it standard. Easier to install housing and quieter.

Back
Top Bottom