Most overhyped bike trend?

whats wrong with one piece housings? they make cable changes SOOOOO much easier. and replacing them (even with internal routing) is pretty damn easy, the split housing on my road bike were a bitch however.
I see the point of them on carbon FS frames but on double triangle HT frames I’d rather have proper cable stops. I considered it a bit of an art form to snip the housing to just the perfect length.

Overhyped? Bikepacking

Or specifically, the idea of bikepacking. I feel like a cottage industry popped up a few years ago building bike bags for bikepacking and touring. But I’m skeptical on how many were actually used for said purposes. And those that did found out what trying to climb and descend with a 50+lb loaded bike was like.

Overhyped? Bikepacking

Or specifically, the idea of bikepacking. I feel like a cottage industry popped up a few years ago building bike bags for bikepacking and touring. But I’m skeptical on how many were actually used for said purposes. And those that did found out what trying to climb and descend with a 50+lb loaded bike was like.
But everyone needs a frame bag, TT bag and handlebar bag for their Fat Bike and their Gravel Bikes to do a 2 hour ride.

Your housing is too long or something is weird with your setup bc mine don't rattle or slap around. It would drive me nuts till I fixed it
I have a 6 year old spec hard tail and I had to use this stuff to keep it quiet.

IMG_0106.jpeg

I used to avoid them like the plague and I gotta say.....they're not that bad. Quality frame + quality BB = smooth and creak free.

It's mildly terrifying to replace them though.
Agree. A threaded BB is a press-fit inside a threaded housing. Unless someone can show me a bearing with threads on the outside of it... Get the appropriate tools to replace them and don't stress.

Overhyped? Bikepacking

Like Fat Bikes, I think it's a regional thing of what the area has.

There's a bunch of bikepackers near me, but there's also a lot of overnight hikers and also bikers so it's not that weird to combine the two. But I don't think NJ lends itself to any great overnight bikepacking spots just as it's not great for hiking. I see them on both gravel bikes and mountain bikes while in the national forest.

I guess if you're the sort of person that really just wants to get away to a campsite, build a campfire, sit around it and then sleep in a tent, it's the same thing if you road a bike in or hiked in. But yeah I doubt the numbers are huge but I'm willing to bet the #s jump up in upstate NY, VT/NH.

Back
Top Bottom