Most iconic images in MTBNJ History Thread

Love this one too....2012 SSAP.... @Mitch @jdog @Dusty the Whale and Schilling sharing the cat 2 NJ podium....is that you on the end @1speed ? I feel like by 2012 you were racing open with me, but I cant remember.

View attachment 166774
Yeah, that's me. That was my last year in Sport. I remember being off the front in that race for most of the first lap and then realizing I'd lost my bottles and thinking "I wonder if I can hold them off without anything to drink for another hour". The answer, apparently, was "no."

MahlonSuprise4.jpg

MahlonSuprise1.jpg

MahlonSuprise2.jpg

Don't follow Bill.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's me. That was my last year in Sport. I remember being off the front in that race for most of the first lap and then realizing I'd lost my bottles and thinking "I wonder if I can hold them off without anything to drink for another hour". The answer, apparently, was "no."
I think this was Taconic, 105 degrees and they had no water. My wonderful wife said she'd take some pics as I came around for a lap. BUT, ran out of water and was desperately trying to communicate to her to give me a water bottle, as she's happily clicking away. I appologized for the mean, crazed animal face after the race. Come to think of it, why didn't I just stop and get another frickin water bottle myself? Hard to stop when you're either chasing or being chased. Stupid racers....

Water! (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom