Minion DHF on rear

qclabrat

Found a tear in a DHR2 and have read people using DHFs on front and rear. Has anyone done this? Some have said DHFs are faster than a DHR2, but they seem to be more aggressive, thoughts?

Found a tear in a DHR2 and have read people using DHFs on front and rear. Has anyone done this? Some have said DHFs are faster than a DHR2, but they seem to be more aggressive, thoughts?
I've run the DHF as a rear, it's not the best but not the worst. DHR2 seems to have better braking traction which makes it better as a rear tire.

But there are also quite a few people that run DHR2 front and rear, so like anything else it comes down to preference.

wait . . . . . what?!?!???, something like 85% (or more, idr but its a serious bias) of your braking traction is your front tire.

Not always. Certainly your front brake does more of the work under braking since your weight shifts forward, but the more braking traction you give your rear tire the more you can dial in that bias, particularly under high-speed braking on loose terrain. There are times where I want a speed check but intentionally stay off the front brake because I don't want the fork to dive.

I'm personally an Assegai front/DHR2 rear guy. But I've used almost all the combos and they're all good for most riders.

The Physics of the situation makes this such a insignificant change that it's really nothing in practice. Same as people saying they need more braking power when then can already look up the brakes with the brakes they have.

Everyone here would be in a wheelchair or otherwise crippled if the proportion was always / only 85% / 15%. I don't much care for my front tire creating trouble when the chalkboard full of physics calculations I do before the start of the ride fail me such that I end up on my face....so I do love me a rear tire that grabs the way I want it to when I need to go to lets say 16 or even 17% rear braking distribution. For those who's chalkboard is longer than mine....more (front braking) power too ya.

Back
Top Bottom