Mini Vans

Bravo

... encoochiemnts...
As a Teacher of English, I have to give righteous applause to this word. Excellent.

On (sub)topic, I've been a VW guy for years and still harbor the hope of some variant of a Westy one of these days. It being just the wife and I, one of those things will be the ultimate vacation-mobile, a Syncro being particularly handy for trips into them thar hills.

Last edited:
no, no, no mike. that's not the way it works. you're forward thinking. your multi-tasking. you're SO good at your job and so efficient that you can take company time to clear your head. that's where it's at amigo. :D

i concur with the aforementioned statement. while the usage of that word is certainly NOT ubiquitous across mtbnj nor used in any regularity by the common member, it could be considered quintessential to the tone of the argument.

it is a pop culture reference to the Big E, Mr. Emeril Lagasse. Sorry, I should have tied in a Simpsonism instead.

actually, I think the bonnet idea is hot. i'd have to get one of those boy-in-the-bubble suits since she is highly allergic.

Ed Psych...

I would agree if he had come remotely close to spelling accoutrements correctly.
I'm giving points for effort and creativity here. We move onto correctness once the appropriate self-esteem is established.:)

huh - i think i was insulted somewhere in there :hmmm:. i still stand by my pop culture defense

On (sub)topic, I've been a VW guy for years and still harbor the hope of some variant of a Westy one of these days. It being just the wife and I, one of those things will be the ultimate vacation-mobile, a Syncro being particularly handy for trips into them thar hills.

Chris:

I caught the van/camper bug in '92 out in colorado. my field partner, with whom i still stay in touch with, had an old rust orange pop-top microbus, and i can't even begin to count teh amount of miles we put on that thing. he lives in california, and we still do our annual "escape-the-family" van excursions, the most recent being a trip across arizona, which culminated in a backpacking excursion into the grand canyon.

once the kids get a bit older, i would like to go the eurovan route. while i love the syncro, i think the euro would be more comfortable for all involved to travel in.

OK - so our lease is up on the Outback, and we are going the mini van route for our next vehicle. I lobbied for the Eurovan Westfalia, which got rejected (in hind sight, I should have pushed for a westy syncro, and tried to negotiate the eurovan as the settlement). We have it narrowed down to the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. The Mazda MPV and Chrysler T&C are longshots. SUVs, elements, suv-based wagons, etc are not an option.

Does anyone have experience with the MVs listed above?

I would give my vote for the Honda. The VW gets my vote for being slighty cooler yet in a real world setup w kids the Honda is really the best bet.

You should also go for the limo window tinting so no one sees you soccer mom ways.

Remember when,...

Minivans are for girls.

You had a bumper sticker on the van,...."When this Van it Rock'n, Don't come knock'n!"

You youngsters must have been rich,...springing for hotels or something.
Ha. Remember the movie with the waterbed in the back? It gets stabbed and the van windows fill up with water,...hahhahahha

new minivan yet?

Shaggz, I couldn't help but notice your new sig. Did you get a soccer mom mobile this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom