Mia Meets Bike

I haven't ridden a fat bike once in the last 16ish months, but I'll give you that I know nothing about bikes, and less about pasta.

The texture is a little different, but it tastes the same. Comparing different pastas of the same brand of course.

This is irrelevant. The large spoon I use as a shovel does a fine job of taking the sauce.

True.

Well now I'm questioning everything I believe.
Edited for accuracy.

I contest that texture is the same, maybe in theory but thickness varies greatly, which affects the texture, as does how well
It is cooked.

I grew up in NJ so I don't have a high opinion of Italian cuisine. I assume it's just the same kitchen being shared with the adjoined Pizza place except the tables have white table clothes and waiters pour your water into wine glasses with ice in them. It's comfort food, if I ordered any Italian pasta dish and it showed up with the wrong pasta I wouldn't even notice.

@Mia You can prove me wrong at Kingdom with an amazing pasta dish. I'll help heat up water. @MissJR is great at stirring and talking with her hands.
Wait a second, are you saying it all taste the same because it all good? or you don’t notice a difference between good and bad.

Last edited:

Check out my buddies pasta shop if you are near hopewell

They do gluten free on Mondays and it’s incredible

IMG_5984.jpeg

Gnocchi for the win!
Ravioli second.
Farfalle third.

But, of course, WHAT SAUCE?!??

Omfg. Are you trolling?

Gnocchi is made with potatoes.
Ravioli is a sheet pasta stuffed. More dumpling than pasta.

Saint Dymphna please help me.

Last edited:
Mia You can prove me wrong at Kingdom with an amazing pasta dish

Yeah, I was going to suggest that Mia can try changing my mind by preparing a bunch of different pasta dishes for me to try.

@MissJR is great at stirring and talking with her hands

I love making fun of Melinda when she talks with her hands. She does it when she's on the phone with her mom; it's pretty great.

as does how well
It is cooked.

How long it's cooked definitely makes a difference. Mushy pasta 👎👎

Check out my buddies pasta shop if you are near hopewell

I'll add that to our list. The Pasta Shop in Denville is also great for those further north.

To me the center of the bow is never the same texture. Usually too hard if you don't want the rest for the pasta to become too soft.
lol @Cole that's why I like it so much...I like it al dente and enjoy the difference in texture, especially if its a little stiffer in the middle.
That settles it...we can't ride together anymore on group rides ;)

I feel like farfalle is the Haro Mary of pasta. You used to to get in to something but then you realized it was just a gateway for other much much better things.

Last edited:
So I have a question for my blog readers.

I actually can't believe I haven't asked some of you this before, but ...

What is your favorite pasta shape?

Personally, my top three, in order of my most favorite to my least favorite, are rigatoni (mezzi rigatoni to be specific), pappardelle, and bucatini.

If you're wondering why I ask this it's because it can tell me a lot about someone :)
100% campanelle, it's the perfect shape to hold just enough sauce. Also, capellini is so good with seafood or a light marinara.
1000006301.png

So I have a question for my blog readers.

I actually can't believe I haven't asked some of you this before, but ...

What is your favorite pasta shape?

Personally, my top three, in order of my most favorite to my least favorite, are rigatoni (mezzi rigatoni to be specific), pappardelle, and bucatini.

If you're wondering why I ask this it's because it can tell me a lot about someone :)
I missed this because I was away in the Italian food capital of the world....Salt lake city Utah.....Which makes me think of Henry Hill's famous line: "right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup"

Wait, have you seen Good Fellas @Meatball Mia?....I mean as a NJ Italian...you should have by now :)

I don't eat much pasta anymore unless im riding my bike all day and you're cooking it...my son hates it (because he was probably switched in the lab somehow, or some infused genetic defect) and now my wife is gluten free, so that means ill have to go and by it for myself. And im fat enough and try to stay away from pasta and bread as much as possible.....But I always love Penne and vodka....Farfalle....anything with pesto on it....LOVE Strozzapreti, Broccoli Rabe and Sausage.....for just a regular sauce, I love things like @qclabrat mentioned....campanelle....so good.

when I was a kid my grandmother had her own pasta die....it would make these small dome shaped things....maybe the diameter of a quarter and she would put some combination of "stuff" in them that I have I have no idea.....but dam it was good.....wish that recipe got saved.

when I make croissants or Pain au chocolat.
OK this is some next level baking. I LOOOOOOOOVE (like desert-island food love) croissants. But I have never attempted to bake any! I have sampled croissants everywhere I go. So far the top ones came from a bakery in Paris, and Avenue 4F bakery in Brooklyn. Aside from your own, have you had any excellent croissants lately that you could recommend?

Back
Top Bottom