Man needs AR-15 to fill in the blank (FKA Mo Wilson story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like most are in agreement with making gun ownership safer. But some fear giving an inch would cause them to lose a mile. And nothing gets done.
This would be the case for sure with the current state of politics. I couldnā€™t care if I ever see or shoot a gun again but these morons blaming the gun and not the person is stupid. I am all for gun laws that make things safer. Unfortunately manny gun laws are made to make a politician look better and thatā€™s it.

Reactions: don
Looks like the house just passed a national red flag law
Fox News: House passes 'red flag law' allowing judges to seize firearms of those deemed dangerous.
This would be how a civil war startsā€¦

You lost me at ā€œtyrannical governmentā€. Is your AR15 going to take down a predator drone at 20,000 feet with a couple harpoon rockets hug on it? You do realize every state in this country has dozens of swat/ tac teams that WILL KILL YOU if you decide to fight this tyrannical government. Are you an American? Do you believe in this country? DO REALLY THINK YOUR LITTLE GUNS ARE GOING TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY HONEST? If so, you really need to pay more attention to the capabilities of the United States military. Stop living in a dream world and admit your hobby is killing Americans and their kids. Oh look, there was another mass shooting in MDā€¦.I wonder how many Americans will die this weekend to simi auto guns.
As someone who grew up in Utah, its reminds me of what a fishbowl new jersey is....we are in a complete bubble with our views. I got my first .22 rifle when I was 12-13, my dad had about 10 different guns and we looked forward to going shooting in the desert every weekend in the summer. Setting up targets, seeing what we could hit....actually really fun. That is how most of the country views guns, now moreso then even when I was a kid. There is just NO support to get rid of them once you leave the fishbowl of the tri-state area, few other urban centers. Im not saying thats wrong or right, its just a fact....and on top of it, they are protected by a constitutional amendment. It will be easier to ban gas powered cars...and we have proof its easier to ban alcohol.....why I think targeting individuals is the only thing that might actually get anywhere.

This would be how a civil war startsā€¦
red flag laws have been in effect in 19 states now....including Florida....there has been 0 buzz about them....I just learned about them recently. This is why they are getting passed, they are under the radar relatively speaking...and certainly compared to trying to pass any restrictions on guns. The NRA rates politicians on how they vote concerning gun restrictions...they dont do that for how they vote on mental health issues.

You lost me at ā€œtyrannical governmentā€. Is your AR15 going to take down a predator drone at 20,000 feet with a couple harpoon rockets hug on it? You do realize every state in this country has dozens of swat/ tac teams that WILL KILL YOU if you decide to fight this tyrannical government. Are you an American? Do you believe in this country? DO REALLY THINK YOUR LITTLE GUNS ARE GOING TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY HONEST? If so, you really need to pay more attention to the capabilities of the United States military. Stop living in a dream world and admit your hobby is killing Americans and their kids. Oh look, there was another mass shooting in MDā€¦.I wonder how many Americans will die this weekend to simi auto guns.
As @Patrick pointed out, you're attacking me for a position I'm not taking. I'm explaining the position of the people you would need to get on your side to change anything.

I'm also fully aware of the power of the US military, the argument there is are they really prepared to go to war with their own fellow citizens? And maybe I would have agreed with you on the SWAT teams taking out pro-2nd amendment people until I saw how afraid they are to save some children when there's an 18 year old shooter.

I'm fairly certain that it is illegal to use the military on US soil against Americans.
That's what I thought but the Insurrection Act of 1807 and revisions afterwards allow the President to use US Military forces on US soil along with the National Guard in a state where the state does not want that action.

Looks like the house just passed a national red flag law
Fox News: House passes 'red flag law' allowing judges to seize firearms of those deemed dangerous.

So now I guess judges in the south can take the guns away from the women that have abortions?

Sorry it was thereā€¦

disagree - good guy with a gun is not the drunk that has (or pretends to have) a conceal carry - they are an accident waiting to happen.

Just a person that has taken some training, and the whole reason they carry a gun is just in case they are standing there and have to defend.
Hopefully this is going to be an off duty/retired LEO, but there are many who take this very seriously. Just not in NJ, cause people, in general, are not getting any kind of carry permit.
It doesn't have to be a drunk guy.

This girls Mom works in the same hospital as me. A cop's 8 year old daughter got access to his gun and killed herself. He was on the force for a dozen years and was a firearms instructor.

A friend of mine killed himself after his wife told him he wanted a divorce. When the cops went to his parents house in the middle of the night to notify them, his Mom refused to wake up his Dad for whatever stupid shit their son did this time, so they told her, she started screaming, and his Dad woke up, ran in with his gun, and came very close to shooting the cops.

I've got at least 5 stories from the psych units of people 'protecting' their families during supposed home invasions where there are very tragic endings. And none involve actually killing the intruder.

On the other hand, my brother in law did stop a drug addict from breaking into his house by pointing a gun at him, but I suspect a bat may have had the same outcome.

you got me excited but i cant find anything on google
And when I went to Google, this is what came up:
1654860751749.png

This is not some simple itemization or something else you can just add up on your calculator. But if you want to equate legal gun to "good guy" and illegal gun to "bad guy" have at it.

The event that that I referenced was of a bystander armed with a legal firearm who used it to save the group of around 40 people at a birthday party that the shooter with the AR-15 was shooting at. The shooter was reportedly a convicted felon, and therefore was not legally permitted to possess a gun.

A legally possessed gun prevented a mass shooting. Whether she was a cop, off-duty cop, ex-military or other law abiding gun-owner, she shot the guy with the AR, she saved the lives of the people at the birthday party.

This is clearly a newsworthy story, but doubtfully received national media coverage likely because she was legally carrying her gun, and she used it to save the lives of many adults and children at the birthday party - who were being shot at with an illegally acquired gun.
Yes, but she took out the guy with a hand gun, not an AR 15. Pretty bad ass

im surprised no one else has joined the forum just to argue

The challenge questions stop them.
The real problem is the gas powered bikes thread. It attracts multiple bot signups per day. šŸ˜‰

Madness, why stop with guns? If we made alcohol, fatty food and smoking illegal we would save hundreds of thousands of lives annually as they are major contributors to the top causes of death in the US including:

Heart Disease - 700k
Cancer - 602k
Accidents (possibly under the influence) - 201k
Stoke - 160k
Respiratory Diseases- 153k
Diabetes - 102k

Total gun deaths excluding (edited) suicide is less than 25k

The guy who held us hostage at work and put a gun to my head did not buy it legally and I am sure he would not have turned it in should
It of become illegal. I was pretty sure I would have been shot and in the moment sure would have enjoyed the chance to have a fire arm on me and defend myself. All fun and games until you or a loved one are backed into a corner - True Story.
59A4D224-F37D-4083-92E3-A41BA0D44A8B.png
420C5DC4-4304-4B6A-A1BC-C59E4F98D99F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom