Magic Snow Advisory

woody

Somewhere in NJ right now, the weather is setting up for Magic Snow conditions.

That's when a wet heavy snowfall is followed by a cold snap, solidifying the entire forest into a giant white pump track.

If you find these legendary conditions at your local park, it's your civic duty to promptly report it here.

I'm guessing Mahlon could be in the sweet spot. Bard and 26er get ready, I'll bring the hot chocolate...

uploadfromtaptalk1422882586263.jpg

Yeah, the sweet spot may be a little further south, like LewMo.
Maybe even CR or RV...

Wherever it happens, I intend to find it and ride all night :getsome:

It is not, at this moment, along the second Watchung mountain range in central jersey. It is, as some cake makers say, a bit moist.

Tomorrow morning perhaps, but it will probably require a couple of sunny days where the temps get up to ~25-30, then cold again at night. Then head for your nearest golf course

It is not, at this moment, along the second Watchung mountain range in central jersey. It is, as some cake makers say, a bit moist.

Of course not at this moment. But moist is the key to this cake. Dropping into the teens tonight, that's when the magic happens.

I have rode with Woody. I really don't know him, but the way he rides I think he is an alien hybred. Maybe he mentioned in ufo papers that were recently released?

If by MAGIC you mean 2 inch thick sheet of ice everywhere, then we've got that.

Do you need to run studded tires?

or will the regular tires grip on the pearly stuff

Regular tires are fine, I think the day I took that video i just lowered my tire pressure a bit. Studs would help if you have them.

Do you need to run studded tires?

or will the regular tires grip on the pearly stuff

regular tires will work but your weight and your tire width will really matter. i was out at 6MR once and kept having my rear wheel break through. that was with practically no air in the tires and riding in a weird position to position my weight the right way. i bet if i had a fatty i would have been ok.

Oh, some icing for this wonderful cake... clear skies and full moon tonight, so no headlights needed!

If by MAGIC you mean 2 inch thick sheet of ice everywhere, then we've got that.

Sh!t! I just took out the studded front tire last night and the new tire took me quite a bit of work to setup tubeless. Hopefully we get a few inches of snow on top of the ice...

Oh, some icing for this wonderful cake... clear skies and full moon tonight, so no headlights needed!

I just got done shoveling the driveway. It's going to be a solid block once it all freezes. You'll probably be able to ride a road bike on it.

Mooch area didn't get enough rain to get the crust structure right. I think its all gonna be the dreaded punch thru conditions. Will let you know....

Back
Top Bottom