looking at mid sized pickups

Gnick

I'm taking a new job with a car allowance - which I'll need to drive a lot. typically i would never want a mid sized pickup, but they get much better gas mileage and are versatile enough. It needs to be a crew cab so it can fit a car seat. It looks like the options are Tacoma, Ridgeline, Dakota, Colorado, Canyon, frontier. Anyone have any experience with any of these? trying to stay under 20grand and looking for a used one.

I typically have always only purchased GM products, but the late model canyon/colorado's dont have very good review, seem under powered and don't have much room in the back seat. I think the ridgelines are butt ugly, but people love them. Tacoma's are obviously the MTB'ers choice, i plan to go drive one next week.

The ridgeline is the truck everyone would get if they were honest about how they were going to use a truck
99% commuting to their middle management job, but you feel like a man amid a sea of Prius
1% driving to the Dr to get a vasectomy

I had a frontier, which was great for what I needed; until the transmission went, then not so good

My brother also had a Frontier and was not crazy about it either. Underpowered and ergo no well designed

The ridgeline is the truck everyone would get if they were honest about how they were going to use a truck
99% commuting to their middle management job, but you feel like a man amid a sea of Prius
haha yea, thats what im gathering. Ridgeline's are super practical and great to drive. Kinda like like the mini van of trucks.

We had older style ridgeline and really liked it. The new one is hideous and looks like a girls truck.

I had many Toy trucks and never a complaint. If it's midsize it's the way to go.

I would go full size all day everyday IMO. And it would be GMC or Chevy because Ford sucks :)

Agree 110%!! The majority of truck owners that I see here in a GMC dealer are just for show. Got to have something big to make up for something small.

We had older style ridgeline and really liked it. The new one is hideous and looks like a girls truck.

I had many Toy trucks and never a complaint. If it's midsize it's the way to go.

I would go full size all day everyday IMO. And it would be GMC or Chevy because Ford sucks :)

Make sure you get the 22 inch wheels. That way you can feel every bump in the road, and all the vibrations from a slight tire in-balance. Fucking horrible trucks. Would only let my worst enemy buy one. I can pile on more negativity, with the transmissions....

JH-Set_1.jpg

Make sure you get the 22 inch wheels. That way you can feel every bump in the road, and all the vibrations from a slight tire in-balance. Fucking horrible trucks. Would only let my worst enemy buy one. I can pile on more negativity, with the transmissions....

<hijack>

thought my 2015 yukon xl denali was smooth/powerful enough for the long haul towing mission. those were too few compared to the wegmans runs - so it had to go. kinda miss it to the point i'm looking at yukon/tahoe models.
they showing problems?

<hijack>

thought my 2015 yukon xl denali was smooth/powerful enough for the long haul towing mission. those were too few compared to the wegmans runs - so it had to go. kinda miss it to the point i'm looking at yukon/tahoe models.
they showing problems?
Yep! Tire vibrations, torque converter shudder, A/C freon leaks, radio/nav issues, cold start mis fire injector issues, worn camshafts/broken rocker arms, water leaks, leaky radiators. Just to name a few. Lease it or go broke owning it.

I have a 2017 Ridgeline and love it. Drives like a car and is near silent on the inside. However, back seat is kinda cramped with a car seat, and the rear doors don't open as wide as I think they should. The problems I have with it:. I have to take out the car seat when I want to bring my bike with me to work for an after work ride. And it's fine if my wife, baby, and I are taking a road trip (trunk and back seat fill up quickly). But in February we're taking my wife's parents with us to Virginia, and in order for it to work I'm gonna have to buy a tonneau cover or a cap to be able to bring along luggage.

Back
Top Bottom