Lewis Morris Challenge

Cant imagine racing a hardtail at Lewmo...Its rougher than then the mooch course.

It's not bad to ride there with a hardtail but to race it's definitely more efficient with a good FS bike. I rode there last year with a cross bike and couldn't feel my arms when I was done.

It's not bad to ride there with a hardtail but to race it's definitely more efficient with a good FS bike. I rode there last year with a cross bike and couldn't feel my arms when I was done.

*serious question, not a trolling post*
Would 2 or 3 laps on a rigid fatty be stupid? We don't have any full squish bikes (yet)

Yup - state championship demands you assimilate to the Borg!

Since it's USAC, are there rules for which category one can register for?

Would 2 or 3 laps on a rigid fatty be stupid? We don't have any full squish bikes (yet)
Not at all...i mean if you have both a hard tail and XC FS bike...I would choose suspension...but ride whatever you have.

*serious question, not a trolling post*

Since it's USAC, are there rules for which category one can register for?

Like the others said, it can be a little rough at race pace. There aren't really rocks, but the exposed roots can be jarring. Probably best to run tire pressure on lower side if you're tubeless.

As for USAC, you will need a Cat 1 license to race Cat 1 but can get a one day license for $10 if racing Cat 2 or Cat 3. I also believe you only qualify for state championship if you're a NJ resident with an annual license. The license costs $70 which probably only makes sense to get if you plan on racing cross too.

Like the others said, it can be a little rough at race pace. There aren't really rocks, but the exposed roots can be jarring. Probably best to run tire pressure on lower side if you're tubeless.

As for USAC, you will need a Cat 1 license to race Cat 1 but can get a one day license for $10 if racing Cat 2 or Cat 3. I also believe you only qualify for state championship if you're a NJ resident with an annual license. The license costs $70 which probably only makes sense to get if you plan on racing cross too.
how do i get a license for CAT 3? can i do that when registering on the H2H website, or do i have to do that sepereately? Sorry, first time racing

If you think you'll do a lot of races and are thinking of getting an annual license, beware it's Jan1-Dec31st, not a year from the date of purchase. So unless you're doing cross (and a bunch of them) it's not worth getting the annual.

I don't think so. USAC doesn't care about mountain biking. As far as I know you just get a medal and that's it.

Well, it's up to the Promoter of the Championship Event to do it, USAC doesn't give jerseys other than National Titles. In every other USAC discipline and State Championship event you win a Jersey or Skinsuit. I remember a couple years back they wanted to combine H2H with NJBA to offer all of the benefits of hosting USAC Events but H2H refused and wanted to stay separate. Show up and win CX States, jersey. Show up and win TT States, Skinsuit. Show up and win road States, Jersey. Show up and win LewMo? Dollar Store medal.

I have been thinking about a state champ jersey recently and my thoughts will be brought up at the H2H meeting this winter. All of the promoters that have races in H2H would have to get in agreement going forward and come up with the funds to afford 15 jerseys at around $50 each. If we vote and can't agree or come up with funds then the state champ jerseys would be the responsibility of the promoter hosting the state championship race. Bottom line we need to do it every year or continue to go without. I'd hate to see one year with jerseys and the next without.

Well, it's up to the Promoter of the Championship Event to do it, USAC doesn't give jerseys other than National Titles. In every other USAC discipline and State Championship event you win a Jersey or Skinsuit. I remember a couple years back they wanted to combine H2H with NJBA to offer all of the benefits of hosting USAC Events but H2H refused and wanted to stay separate. Show up and win CX States, jersey. Show up and win TT States, Skinsuit. Show up and win road States, Jersey. Show up and win LewMo? Dollar Store medal.

Aren't you the one who hates everything about USAC? (You need a but a $70 license from them to eligible to win BTW, more for cat 1/pro). More than half the series is non USAC so why would we join the NJBA if they would want us to be involved with USAC? H2H made the right decision as they would lose half the promoters if it was mandated and there would be no series. Adding another cost to a race is the last thing we need. We could raise the cost of reg, but we are trying to keep it reasonable and why raise the price so a select few can get a jersey. At the end of the day, 99.9% of the racers could care less about a jersey, they would be content with just winning & getting the medal.

i don't care about the jerseys... i'd be happy with a t-shirt that actually fits. and to get more ladies involved because we have some kick ass riders out there who don't race.

and a heads up: i registered yesterday for the race.... and i checked off one day license, but i couldn't pay for it online. i think this happened last year and i had to bring cash with me to the race.

Aren't you the one who hates everything about USAC? (You need a but a $70 license from them to eligible to win BTW, more for cat 1/pro). More than half the series is non USAC so why would we join the NJBA if they would want us to be involved with USAC? H2H made the right decision as they would lose half the promoters if it was mandated and there would be no series. Adding another cost to a race is the last thing we need. We could raise the cost of reg, but we are trying to keep it reasonable and why raise the price so a select few can get a jersey. At the end of the day, 99.9% of the racers could care less about a jersey, they would be content with just winning & getting the medal.

That's kinda my point. With some races ring USAC and some not, you need to buy a license for no reason. The series needs to pick a side. If you host a USAC event, play by USAC rules like every other discipline. Don't force racers to pay $10 extra for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom