Less baggy'ish MTB Shorts?

Just catching up @Matt

I like CR shorts, but I think what I like more are Bibs with pockets and loops on the side that you can attach the shorts to... This way I can wear the shorts loose and they don't go anywhere.... Plus with the pockets in the Bibs I can wear a regular t shirt if I want and still have a pocket to put whatever in

Specialized SWAT Bibs are my favorite

I looked at the CR shorts online after seeing them recommended in this thread, but they look a bit looser (in the website pics) than what I would like. Although I wouldn’t hesitate to try them if they actually fit what I’m after.

Basically, I’m after shorts that give the thighs a loose ”hug”, but not so much that it looks like you need a vacuum sealer to put them on. Even better if they are $14.99 at Costco and are comfy for riding 😉

I looked at the CR shorts online after seeing them recommended in this thread, but they look a bit looser (in the website pics) than what I would like. Although I wouldn’t hesitate to try them if they actually fit what I’m after.

Basically, I’m after shorts that give the thighs a loose ”hug”, but not so much that it looks like you need a vacuum sealer to put them on. Even better if they are $14.99 at Costco and are comfy for riding 😉
Needs to be repeated Golf Shorts
Specifically I have had great luck finding Champion golf shorts on sale at Target cheap.

Lock this thread up!
March Madness. $11.99
No joke, these are great and fit a big phone in ft pocket.
Has belt for snug fit, stretch waist (we all need that)!
Place your orders
Screenshot_20240306_075027_Costco.jpg
Screenshot_20240306_075054_Costco.jpg
now!

Wtf. Those don't even have Velcro to get caught on stuff in the wash like $$$ mountain bike shorts.

I don't have a Costco, Mitch, tack on a pair for me with your order.

I have a pair of POC baggies that are pretty XC. I think they’re discontinued though. Voler
Makes these. No idea what the fit is like though.

Lock this thread up!
March Madness. $11.99
No joke, these are great and fit a big phone in ft pocket.
Has belt for snug fit, stretch waist (we all need that)!
Place your ordersView attachment 233823View attachment 233824 now!
This is exactly what I would expect a 70? year old man suggest as a good short.

However those eddie baurer pants mitch suggested were great even though I got them too short. They have become by default around the yard pants tho

This is exactly what I would expect a 70? year old man suggest as a good short.

However those eddie baurer pants mitch suggested were great even though I got them too short. They have become by default around the yard pants tho
Now when they come I will have to model them for you and send you pictures...

I'm gladly going to do a review on the Costco shorts when they show up.

Right now my favorite is the Cognative shorts one size down from what I normally wear. They have the adjusters on the side but they are all the way out. Not tight but nothing baggy and hanging out anywhere. I wear their pants which are pretty similar and went for my normal size.

Pactimo Apex a 2nd after those. They don't offer a smaller size for me. I really like the Pactimo for hot summer days.

The Cognative look like they are in the right direction. What I imagine and think what I’m after are shorts that you could fit a couple of fingers under the leg opening before it stretches. Not lycra tight with minimal room, but with a little bit of room that isn’t there with the lycra/tights. Maybe those don’t exist at this point for cycling-specific shorts?

Here’s an attempt at a visual:

IMG_6153.jpeg

The Cognative look like they are in the right direction. What I imagine and think what I’m after are shorts that you could fit a couple of fingers under the leg opening before it stretches. Not lycra tight with minimal room, but with a little bit of room that isn’t there with the lycra/tights. Maybe those don’t exist at this point for cycling-specific shorts?

View attachment 233834
What did you do with the money??

View attachment 233834
Your model appears to have Lymphedema...

Fox flexair shorts are not quite xc, but not enduro bro either. Super light fabric and is my go to summer short. However, there are two models, the regular and the lite. One has a stiff’ish fabric that makes a whooshing noise when pedaling. unfortunately it is hard to know which is which when buying online.

Anyone try Showers Pass?

I think I’m just going to go ahead and order a couple of recommendations above, along with the showers pass. I might as well check out the Costco shorts, too, since they cost about the same as a fast food burger

Specialized SWAT Bibs are my favorite

They are on sale 50% off, this is the liner short version.

I grabbed a pair to try, if anyone else is looking to try them I recommend you size up. I'm usually between a M and L on most bike clothes, I almost tore the L getting them on. Hopping the XL is a win for me.

Back
Top Bottom