Kings grant night ride

sandman

Just got back from Kings Grant, road the night root, 15.5 miles, 2h15m of riding in the soft sand. Now the time will get better as the rain, and cold weather arrive, and the sand starts to firm up. The root is just like last years, with a few changes. If we start running out of time, we can cut a mile and a half out. Just for the record, this is not a beginners ride. If a beginners ride is what you are looking for, then I would be open to leading one on a Saturday. See you on the 8Th, at 7:00pm at the Kings Grant Shopping Center.---Jim

I'd like to check this out some time Jim, a few of us enjoy a weekly night ride locally. I'm about an hour from Marlton.
I would probably try the beginners ride first because I don't know the trails and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm more of an intermediate rider usually though.
let me know...

-Mike

We meet at the strip mall where the Kings Grant Wine & Liquors is located. We've just started for the season and are using a new route and we haven't made a GPS track of it yet. I have some maps I can post of previous rides if you want to see them. This year we may be using different routes through out the year. What type of Lights do you have?

Hey all. I'm new to MTBNJ forums. I'll definatley be attending this ride, although I may not be available for a few weeks. two quick questions:

1.) is the meeting place the little strip mall in king's grant? located in here someplace?
http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CBkQnwIwAQ

2.) does anyone have a gpx track of the route? I'd be interested in checking it out on my own once or twice.

thanks!

Beginner ride kings grant

I will be leading a beginners ride at Kings Grant this SUNDAY at 10:00 am from the shopping center. We can work on any thing you want, stay out as long as you want.---Jim

We meet at the strip mall where the Kings Grant Wine & Liquors is located. We've just started for the season and are using a new route and we haven't made a GPS track of it yet. I have some maps I can post of previous rides if you want to see them. This year we may be using different routes through out the year. What type of Lights do you have?

That's part of my delay...I don't have lights yet. I'm about to pull the trigger on some. I'm torn between the super-economic Magic Shine and the not so economic NiteRider 600. Any suggestions?

don't worry about posting the route. If one was available I'd check it out.

meeting time is 7pm on Wednesdays for this ride??

does this go all fall/winter?

and does anyone have some trail info for us newbies to go check it out on our own ahead of time?

meeting time is 7pm on Wednesdays for this ride??

does this go all fall/winter?

and does anyone have some trail info for us newbies to go check it out on our own ahead of time?

This is the post on the South Jersey Single Track sight.

"No less then two hours of fun in the sand. You need lights. You need a helmet. You need a good sense of humor. This ride is on every Wednesday night until the end of May."

This is the route from 2009

Attachments

• kgnr.jpg
    kgnr.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 340
I'm torn between the super-economic Magic Shine and the not so economic NiteRider 600. Any suggestions?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I don't have any first hand experience with ether light so as to be able to give you a comparison but i have Nite Riders lights for years. I know that you can't go wrong with the Nite Rider but I have heard a lot of good things about the Magic Shine. Check out the reviews on MTBR.com Not really a bad review in the bunch.

It come down to how much you can afford and how much you intend to use it. If you plan on doing a lot of night riding or thinking about endurance racing then I would probably go with the Nite Rider.

does anyone have some trail info for us newbies to go check it out on our own ahead of time?

Jim (AKA Sandman) the ride leader for the Wednesday night night ride posted this on another site:

"I will be leading a beginners ride at Kings Grant this SUNDAY at 10:00 am from the shopping center. We can work on any thing you want, stay out as long as you want.---Jim"

You may be interested in doing that ride in order to get a look at what it's like there.

hey all, is this ride still going off at 7:00? or did you make it earlier now that it gets dark so early? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom