Kayaking central/south jersey??

you can paddle the Raritan bay and launch out of Belford, atlantic highlands, or highlands

Didn't kayak but a 2 day canoe trip down the Mullica river in the pine barrens was interesting. Camping out in the middle of the barrens was creepy

Toms River is alright from Riverwood Park down to town as is Cedar Creek if you want stream type conditions. Island Beach SP Sedge Islands are fun too if you want more open water. Make sure you hit it around high tide. They have a map available.The main river in Downtown Toms River is good this time of year as the power boat traffic drops considerably.Please make sure you wear your life jacket and dress appropritely for this time of year.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

I have a fishing kayak that I usually use in lakes. That being said im venturing into saltwater this weekend going for stripers. If you just want to explore and get some excersize I recommend any body of water that is new to you and calm. As previously stated have all your safety gear in check and know your vessels limitations. Enjoy!

Didn't kayak but a 2 day canoe trip down the Mullica river in the pine barrens was interesting. Camping out in the middle of the barrens was creepy

Mullica, Batso and wading rivers are all good as long as you put in at the correct place for the water level.

Adams canoe rental will rent and shuttle you kayaks for $

-W

Back
Top Bottom