Just got back....BUT

John Baumann

Finally returned to the Mountain Bike after a long hiatus due to knee surgery. I had been doing the roadie thing for most of my re-hab, but was jonesin' for what only the trails could give me. Got the juices flowing again with a couple of good rides and feel like a new man.

Now comes a slight interruption to my come back training for Cathedral Pines plan...

The house my fiance and I lived in was sold much quicker than anyone expected it to. So, in a matter of six weeks we decided to buy and move into a fixer upper in the White Meadow Lake section of Rockaway. Nice community and the house was very affordable. I (we) really thought we would have the whole winter to make a move but I guess that's what we get for thinking.

Now the fun begins... kinda like The Money Pit sorta fun....

See ya's on the trail in between projects.

well split rock/wild cat is now home field for you nice. Lets see 20 mins or so up green pond you got JH,RW and WAWAY. 20 mins west on 80 YOU got Allamuchys big three. 15 mins or less Toune,lewis and malhon not to mention the new stuff going on in mine hill. So who picked this area to live :hmmm::D...

Glad to hear you're back John! Time flies when I'm not the poor guy in rehab.... it seems like it was just a few months ago when you blew that sucker out. have some awesome rides, Im sure Ill see you out there.

Good to hear your back on the mtb. Now you just need to get some cash and pay Matty to fix your house up so you have time to ride:D

Thanks Guys!

It is great to be back in the full action. For me, it seemed like forever....

Yea, I always wanted to check out Split Rock & Wild Cat and ever present on MY mind while house hunting was- "where's the trails?"... and with all of these places so near, I cant go wrong. I hadn't heard anything about Mine Hill but I'll have to look into it.

After I bust my ass for another week or two, I'll be exploring all the new local spots.

It is great to be back in the full action. For me, it seemed like forever....

Yea, I always wanted to check out Split Rock & Wild Cat and ever present on MY mind while house hunting was- "where's the trails?"... and with all of these places so near, I cant go wrong. I hadn't heard anything about Mine Hill but I'll have to look into it.

After I bust my ass for another week or two, I'll be exploring all the new local spots.

you have a couple options in white meadow lake which is nice. mine hill is still in development...from what jason has told me anyway. it's getting there but apparently somewhat slow going. i'm looking forward to this opening. it's only a couple miles from my house.

as for wildcat, if you're looking for a tour there are quite a few folks on here that have a good lay of the land. i used to be one of them but my knowledge is 15 years old and there is a TON of new stuff up there. there's a thanksgiving ride that's worth getting in on if you're around too.

oh, welcome back.

Great to see you back on the saddle again. Looking forward to catching a ride here and there.

I'm in WML , been there since I was 4 . I wouldn't consider moving . We're on our second home there . It offers a lot . 3 Baseball fields , 6 Tennis courts , 3 Basketball courts , Day Camp , 3 Beaches . Our own Bar at the Club House , a stocked lake ...... Get involved if that's your thing .
There are about 7 ( at the very least there's 2 of us and up to 7 ) of us that ride Mahlon every Sunday morning leaving the Lake at 7am . We ride an easy pace , stopping whenever someone needs a break .
PM me if you wanna hook up with us .

Mike

not to mention the new stuff going on in mine hill.

What new stuff in Mine Hill? Far as I know there is small offroad section by their Recycling Center on Canfield Ave and a track that kids use for their atvs/dirt bikes that you access off of Route 45, but there isn't much. There is also the trail around Mine Hill beach but it eventually gets so sandy I cannot bother to continue on.

Welcome back, John. As Matty said, you're in the middle of mountain biking now. I'm headed out the door for my knee soon, see you in the spring...

Back
Top Bottom