Jungle Habitat is back in H2H in 2022

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like due to some flooding at last years WTF race location, the race is going to be at Jungle Habitat in 2022. This is surprising. Selfishly, it’s a positive surprise for me, because I always loved racing there. But I’m surprised the powers that be are ok with a race here.

Oh I see on the bikereg page it's a "choose you're own adventure" format and they aren't planning on marking the course. Interesting concept.

Oh I see on the bikereg page it's a "choose you're own adventure" format and they aren't planning on marking the course. Interesting concept.

It's not a proper Jungle Habitat race unless you end up on Greenwood Lake Turnpike at some point.

I'll be talking to Dave on Sunday - will get the scoop if not sorted by then

this was nice

The race will double as a fundraiser for multiple charities.

We're donating $5 for every race entry to be split between NICA, JORBA and Glenwood Pochuck Volunteer Ambulance.

Last edited:
So from the looks of what I can find on the site, I don't need my USAC license anymore?

I'm marking the course with Dave on Thursday or Friday.
There is a short loop and a long loop using the same start/finish with a split.

Depending on final layout - the different classes will be some combo of the two loops (ie cat 1 might be 2 long/1 short )

So from the looks of what I can find on the site, I don't need my USAC license anymore?

I'm checking.

Leading a course preview ride this Saturday April 2 @ Noon.
There's a Trail Run 8 AM - 11:30 PM so please stay off the trails prior.

Final loop will be posted after we mark course this Friday.
No USAC license required.
Equal Payouts Men's & Women's Fields for Pro/Cat 1 & Endurance
$5 Per Racer Donation will be split between NICA, JORBA & West Milford First Aid

Leading a course preview ride this Saturday April 2 @ Noon.
There's a Trail Run 8 AM - 11:30 PM so please stay off the trails prior.

Final loop will be posted after we mark course this Friday.
No USAC license required.
Equal Payouts Men's & Women's Fields for Pro/Cat 1 & Endurance
$5 Per Racer Donation will be split between NICA, JORBA & West Milford First Aid
Weird question, but any info on the trail run? I'd be interested in doing that before the course preview.

Nevermind, found it. Same promoter.

Last edited:
I'm marking the course with Dave on Thursday or Friday.
There is a short loop and a long loop using the same start/finish with a split.

Depending on final layout - the different classes will be some combo of the two loops (ie cat 1 might be 2 long/1 short )

I'm checking.
Patrick I got the short loop downloaded onto my garmin but don't see the longer loop on rwgps. by any chance is it uploaded or that'll be done today when marking the trails. thanx

This is a bad idea. Each class should do the same loop. A beginner loop is ok, but everyone should do x amounts of the same loop. 2 loops of this and then 1 loop of that for the same racer won’t end well.

This is a bad idea. Each class should do the same loop. A beginner loop is ok, but everyone should do x amounts of the same loop. 2 loops of this and then 1 loop of that for the same racer won’t end well.

We did this at Mooch and it worked out fine. Announcement explaining at the start line. We had large print signs with arrows and a person standing where the loops spilt (up hill spilt certainly helped). No issues that I was aware of. I understand your concern but feel comfortable knowing that it can work if done correctly.

We did this at Mooch and it worked out fine. Announcement explaining at the start line. We had large print signs with arrows and a person standing where the loops spilt (up hill spilt certainly helped). No issues that I was aware of. I understand your concern but feel comfortable knowing that it can work if done correctly.

Current plan:
everyone does the 5k - beginner does a second 5k, cat 2 does the 10k loop, cat 1/pro does 2 laps of the 10k loop.
There will be someone at the split. they merge and finish in the same place.

there should be no conflicting traffic at the merge - unless someone gets 6 miles behind in the first 3.

warthog is sloppy right now. hope for warm/dry weather.

Patrick I got the short loop downloaded onto my garmin but don't see the longer loop on rwgps. by any chance is it uploaded or that'll be done today when marking the trails. thanx

David should push it out tonight sometime. It may not be on the h2h site - so check his event calendar for the run tomorrow - might be there.

across the parking lot/warthog/otterslide/tanks/cagtes/tiger pen/fish/hippo/safari/lower chute/then some weird stuff through the tunnels, around and over them/ then end in the parking lot

we were back and forth, so kinda pick and choose.

Back
Top Bottom