James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

I will have nothing to read at 2am now if you change your style. I don't like change.

I did another race today, this time in Watopia. I would hate to upset @Mitch by not blogging. That was never my intention. The idea is that I may, or may not, post during the day too. It is left as an exercise to the reader as to when they take the opportunity to read the post, or posts. My sort of intention is to blog randomly when I get irritated at work, because I tend to be more creative when I am worked up. That happens periodically in my day. Every day. More than once. So it kinda works out that midday is a good time to write shit.

I did another race today in the Cs. I came in 2nd, getting nipped in the sprint by 1 second. It was another good race on the heels of a good race yesterday. I would tell you all about it, but frankly it was kind of just like yesterday but with a slightly different start scheme. Today we did start with the full group. I am not sure what the rhyme or reason is on this. So today:

1. Blast off, stick with selection
2. Get sub-selected
3. Ride 19+ miles with a bunch of people, then sprint to the end
4. Come in 2nd in the Cs

Currently I am 36th overall in the Zwiftpower out of 4980 total C racers on the site. It is a numbers game, I understand this. But let me make a guess that 36th probably means I am doing better than if I were, as an example, 4979th. As I mentioned before, I think, I will up my game to the Bs after I go to Kentucky. No bourbon for me. If I had been racing the Bs I would have fully started with them, but I not sure that would have made a difference. We were sprinting for 12th in the Bs, out of 24 had I raced it. So I can be competitive in that class when the time comes. If I keep popping to the front of the C race I'll get upgraded anyway.

I registered Julia for the BAC swim team, which will get real soon enough. The practices are 4-5 days a week at 1.5 hours a pop. There are requirements for volunteer hours, fundraising, and of course there is the cost of it which isn't $0, believe it or not. There are also meets every ~month or so. It is another piece in the great puzzle we have here in this house. I am excited to see if she takes to this like a fish takes to...whatever it is a fish takes to. My memory fails me now. More to come on this account.

At the end of the day, remember it is not about who moves your cheese, but who moves your bread.

IMG_6806.jpg

At the end of the day, remember it is not about who moves your cheese, but who moves your bread.
I tend to approach grocery shopping as a surgical strike: I want to get in and get out as quickly as possible. When they re-organized our local Wegmans a few years ago, it took weeks for me to get back on pace.

Mrs. G, on the other hand, usually grocery shops like these guys.

1543416474833.png

I also once did a report in school about Roberto Clemente...I was never able to afford one of his baseball cards tho. Tragic what happened to him, but my god...Hopping a ride on a (even then) ancient DC-7 cargo plane, totally overloaded and maintained by god knows who in Puerto Rico (not the best environment for airplanes)....something something risk management.

Good deal on the zwift races...I still say they need to make zwift more like GTA, but whatever.

And @ChrisG.....thanks for that pic...I had to go and rewatch this

I didn't really do a lot in terms of blog-worthy things today, at least as it pertains to riding bikes. In fact, I didn't ride a bike at all. My window was pretty much closed by 11:30am and I had some work to do. I pushed myself hard the last 2 days so I was ok missing today. I'm feeling good and the last few days eating has been on-point. I feel good skipping. I think I can afford it. With the higher efforts I'll need to ensure that I get maximum rest. Plus it works out with the workday as well. The workday ended at 10pm tonight.

We did do a few other things today. We picked up a Christmas tree which is pretty early for us. In exactly 2 weeks from right now we will be sitting in a house in Kentucky talking. After that there's the next 2 trips which means we need to be on the ball with the Christmas things (ie, tree and cards). We got the tree bought and put up in the stand. As I write this now it is currently downstairs spreading its wings. I imagine we may start to decorate it tomorrow.

Julia and I also got our flu shots today, so we are 5/5 on the vaccine train in this house. Yes, we believe in science. Julia was scared and got a little worked up but in the end she barely felt it and was pretty happy she was able to endure it with a minimum of stress.

Zac got braces this morning so his face hurts. This will be a bit of a drag for him for a few days but then it'll be routine. He has basketball practice tomorrow then his first travel game on Saturday in Clark, not too far from @pooriggy. Last year he opened the season at the same place but I didn't text Iggy until we were there. I'm still not sure if he took me seriously but I will give him a heads up now. 10:45 we will be in Clark. Hopefully he does not catch any basketballs in the mug because I assume braces makes that impact hurt a lot more. That's last statement is meant for Zac but I guess I hope Iggy also does not catch any basketballs in the mug.

Julia is all setup with the swim team and will start Monday. Technically she can start Saturday but they have a meet that day and that's a bad way to kick things off. Plus she's not registered with the USAS (think USAC but underwater) so she can't be in a meet yet anyway. Next week the real Chaos Rocket blasts off.

Simon is still Simon. Nothing of note other than he is a little obsessed with clapping real fast. A week or so ago the boys found that the record for clapping is like 17x in a second so he's been working on this. I'll give him credit for persistence but I think he's going to need to find another avenue to make the Guinness Book of World Records. He has his birthday party (with friends) on Saturday then co-birthday party with me (with Oma/Opa) on Saturday. We've teamed up and have both requested chocolate log cakes this year. So we're going to slaughter some serious chocolate log cake this weekend.

Meanwhile, D was busy in the basement lining up all the ski stuff for the season. We're taking it serious this year and have something like 7 ski days lined up already. For sure we will do 3 in Canada over Xmas, then we have 2 set for the January 19/20 (location TBD but I would love to make it to Vermont) and then another 2 up at Gore with @graveyardman67 on the Super Bowl weekend again. We'll also consider the 9th of December if the weather is not great here. If it's, I think we're going to try and mountain bike. Feb 16/17 is also possible, but we also need to find time to make it to see King Lear and I think that is our target weekend. Also looking to hit the Dover theater that same weekend but there's always the Sunday.

I was going to write back to @jmanic today but things got away from me. And here we are almost 11:00 and @Mitch is going to be up in 3 hours looking for something to do.

Ski Season is starting off strong early, upstate and VT already have goomable snow. Get it while you can.

I was going to write back to @jmanic today but things got away from me. And here we are almost 11:00 and @Mitch is going to be up in 3 hours looking for something to do.

i didnt realize @Mitch liked the check in every time he woke up to pee . . . interesting factoid. . .

we dont get a real tree, wife is allergic to the sap or some shit, so we have a pre-lit plastic tree(no its not he same, but it is easier and makes less of a mess to clean up), usually goes up weekend of thanksgiving, but its still not up yet this year, hopefully this weekend so i can stop hearing the complaints about it not being up yet :/

I grew up in Clark... And my parents still live there. Their house backs up to Rahway Park and they've told me all about the crazy bikers that road ride back there... So anyone who road rides in the area, wave hi to my parents. They're the couple sitting on the back deck with a bunch of yappy dogs barking... They're glad their daughter doesn't do anything crazy like be a roadie. ;)

Rahway Park and they've told me all about the crazy bikers that road ride back there...
They have Tuesday night pick up crit races there during the season, that's how I broke my shoulder back in the day. Sounds like they have a front row seat to the fun.

Late. 1 demerit.
Post inclusive of entire family, 1, um, merit?

We bought a really nice non living Christmas tree about 14 years ago, and it still looks great. Goes up around Thanksgiving. It’s not fake, because at the end of the day, with all the decorations and lights, it is, in fact, a Christmas tree.

I thought USAC was already underwater.

There’s something about silly records that give kids laser like focus for some reason.

Chocolate anything :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, D was busy in the basement lining up all the ski stuff for the season. We're taking it serious this year and have something like 7 ski days lined up already. For sure we will do 3 in Canada over Xmas, then we have 2 set for the January 19/20 (location TBD but I would love to make it to Vermont) and then another 2 up at Gore with @graveyardman67 on the Super Bowl weekend again. We'll also consider the 9th of December if the weather is not great here. If it's, I think we're going to try and mountain bike. Feb 16/17 is also possible, but we also need to find time to make it to see King Lear and I think that is our target weekend. Also looking to hit the Dover theater that same weekend but there's always the Sunday.
1 step closer of my dream of bringing you guys to Utah for a ski trip.....you have to graduate past the "guy wearing football team jacket/jeans" stage first tho. 7 days this year will help tremendously.

@Norm, as I read this now its 820 am, sorry I'm late. I was actually up till 4am but on a plane to Florida for the weekend. My 830 flight took off at 1125 and landed at 2am. I then clapped for the next hour, 10,000 times as a matter of fact. Not the record but close to it.
Here is a plane picture. The guy sitting behind me shops at REI. I like his style but wtf.
20181129_001307.jpg
20181129_083027.jpg

@Norm, as I read this now its 820 am, sorry I'm late. I was actually up till 4am but on a plane to Florida for the weekend. My 830 flight took off at 1125 and landed at 2am. I then clapped for the next hour, 10,000 times as a matter of fact. Not the record but close to it.
Here is a plane picture. The guy sitting behind me shops at REI. I like his style but wtf.
View attachment 81742View attachment 81743
Next time step on said foot and stand up to go to the bathroom.

Also, your shoes are very hip. They take a few years off.

View attachment 81742View attachment 81743
You dropped a free pretzel stick

Back
Top Bottom