iTunes crash, help needed

trener1

So....
I am running my iTunes on a old iMac.
On Saturday morning I was syncing some podcasts with my iPod and iTunes, and it gave me some strange error message regarding one of the podcasts, and then froze.
So I force quit and restarted the computer, upon restarting iTunes , it started as a new copy of iTunes and everything was gone, 10 years of music, all the podcasts etc...
Any idea what I can do? I would like to get back my playlists, podcasts etc....

everything was stored locally or in the cloud?
if local, new computer, and have someone migrate everything from the HD.

or...

New bike

You likely have your iTunes library (music) stored in a location other than the iTunes default location. Check the location for your music files, if they are still there (should be), then change to that location in iTune's settings.

and back it up
It is like $20/yr for upgraded iCloud storage.

Yeah, my library predates iCloud. It sits on an external drive, backed up to a network drive, with a 3rd copy on an iPad.

me too, and for $25 i got itunes match, so it is on all my devices at some reduced encoding.
i wouldn't want to rip 1000 cds again.

Any downsides to iTunes Match, besides $25/year? I remember it so e 10-years ago but thought they dropped it.

if you encoded at a high bitrate, the matched files will be 256kb/s AAC - the good news is that songs ripped at 128
will be matched to the 256.

I don't think you get to keep them afterwards. will have to check.

Gotta check to see if it crosses family share - so i can listen to my son's DaBaby purchases

Back
Top Bottom