It's just a training blog bro

Just about done riding inside, couple more days. It’s been a rough couple of weeks mentally. Thankfully the weather has been sorta crappy and it’s worked out.

Got the doggo out this morning. Rode the singlespeed since I finally replaced the seatpost I stole to get the gravel bike up.

Bike check #?

IMG_0198.jpeg

I made a deal with @VanDbtRiver that if he still had this bike for sale the next time I drove up to NJ I would buy it and sure enough, he still did. I think the stem is off @ArmyOfNone old Selma. The seat has been on like 3-4 different scalpels I had. The rear wheel is certainly a @jdog special. Something about it always takes me back to where it all started. It’s like taking the classic car out of the garage for a spin. I love racing singlespeed still, so it’s nice to have a dedicated rig for it. Having issues dropping the chain with the oval ring, but I think I need a new chain for it.

Just about done riding inside, couple more days. It’s been a rough couple of weeks mentally. Thankfully the weather has been sorta crappy and it’s worked out.

Got the doggo out this morning. Rode the singlespeed since I finally replaced the seatpost I stole to get the gravel bike up.

Bike check #?

View attachment 230234

I made a deal with @VanDbtRiver that if he still had this bike for sale the next time I drove up to NJ I would buy it and sure enough, he still did. I think the stem is off @ArmyOfNone old Selma. The seat has been on like 3-4 different scalpels I had. The rear wheel is certainly a @jdog special. Something about it always takes me back to where it all started. It’s like taking the classic car out of the garage for a spin. I love racing singlespeed still, so it’s nice to have a dedicated rig for it. Having issues dropping the chain with the oval ring, but I think I need a new chain for it.
It’s obviously a marginal gain against geared bikes too.

It seems I sign up for Zwift at the right time. Or when I sign up for Zwift, winter happens. It's been pretty crummy lately, winds have been howling, seems to be raining every other day. It really has just been easier to Zwift. When I have ridden outside I have felt really good, so that is a plus. This weekend looks to have lows in teens, so I'm sure we will need bread and milk. At least the highs are above freezing.

I've since jumped on the waxing bandwagon, my CAAD and Blur both now have waxed chains. Hesitate to dive in on the other bikes as I'm afraid they may see wet weather and don't want to sound like a garbage truck gurgling metal halfway through a ride.

Try this stuff on the bikes that get wet

Let us know how it works.

oh man, now i gotta worry about drip wet and regular drip wax, this is getting a little much
I don’t think you need to clean it in between applications. At the worst just pour boiling water over the chain. The wax comes right off.

been on the zwift like an animal but its wearing thin. The cold snap is just about over, but its going to be on and off rain for the next 6 days it seems. lets hope we have some dry windows.

lol. Did you set the expectations before the ride?

This made me think of you. Buying some shit from alibaba

All 4 racin

I wanted to write more words about this, but this is all I got time for today.

it was also the first time I did a race with a powermeter on the singlespeed, so it was funny to see what kind of cadence numbers it was spitting out, rather humorous. I ran a 34x18 based on what I did last year, and probably should have gone bigger. The final climb back to the S/F was a lot rougher last year, it seems that they graded it out and easier to keep your traction. The dude who won was running 38x17, which is just insane. Not much of an exciting race for me, being stuck in no mans land the first 2 minutes into the race.

Mandi also got in on the action and raced for some good old nostalgia feels with another ex-NJer you may recognize:
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 11.18.00 AM.png

The kiddos also lined up and threw down, you can see Lucas get dive bombed here from Jacks point of view:

Lucas with the superb balance, rolled out and was rippin it up.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 11.21.28 AM.png

God, is there anything better/worse than the start of an SS race thats FLAT? Reminded me of SSAP...when even the great Adam Craig was trying to get away...and oh ya...were kinda stuck here together. At least the last minute of so of that course looked interesting.

And I didnt know Lauren moved down by you....I still think she was the strongest female I have ever ridden bikes with...I remember her taking pulls on a 30+ mph pace line once on one of Ken's training rides. Very impressive.

Im really happy to see that bike still living on

God, is there anything better/worse than the start of an SS race thats FLAT? Reminded me of SSAP...when even the great Adam Craig was trying to get away...and oh ya...were kinda stuck here together. At least the last minute of so of that course looked interesting.

And I didnt know Lauren moved down by you....I still think she was the strongest female I have ever ridden bikes with...I remember her taking pulls on a 30+ mph pace line once on one of Ken's training rides. Very impressive.

Im really happy to see that bike still living on

160rpms, how do your legs not fall off? this course is still in the making, the original short track course at renaissance park is way better. they had a summer short trac series out that way last year but damn, it was hot as shit.

Shes in Columbia, so about 90 minutes, which is pretty easy to travel

Now if we could get jack to use his gears better, he loves to spin lol

you got like 3 ft of air
people get really send on the back part of that course, i am not one of them lol

Back
Top Bottom