It's just a training blog bro

Out of curiosity I looked up how much it'd cost to buy the raw ingredients from BulkSupplements.com and that Formula 369 is basically same price and it's pre-mixed.

I didn't look into the cost of making the caffeine one at home as that's a great way to die.

Out of curiosity I looked up how much it'd cost to buy the raw ingredients from BulkSupplements.com and that Formula 369 is basically same price and it's pre-mixed.

Yup, I’ve measured my own glucose/fructose but F369 is cheaper.

And I actually brush my teeth after I drink my mix, and I also shower after too

The one thing I’ve noticed about making sure I eat enough carbs is that I feel better throughout the duration of the ride AND I don’t feel like absolute dog shit the next 24 hours. I don’t feel like I have to eat a whole pizza, I sleep better, I wake up and feel refreshed instead of feeling like I got hit by a bus. Anything that will make you not feel like crap after a hard day is super valuable. The other good thing is I actually enjoy the flavor of this F369 stuff and it doesn’t bother me hours into a long ride. I’d love to go back in time and do some of those long events I did and actually fuel properly…

It’s just a training blog now
I decided to jump in with a local coach dude and bail on the FasCat plan. I kinda feel bad as that was the whole point of this, was to show what they offered, and how I would react, but I bailed on it. Not because I didn’t think it was good, but figured just X amount more to have a local person that I’ve seen work with others I've raced against and make big gains, I figured I’d give I a shot. I've also joined a roadie team (*GASP*) and will be a Cat 3 with a bunch of really fast dudes, so I don't want to disappoint. I figured being a 3 alone would be an absolute shit show, so hopefully being with a crew of people will be more fun.

This week

This is also the start of what I call “hell week” for me. Hell weeks usually mean something else, but to me it’s that the kids are home from a holiday break and I lose my outside riding time. Mandi is out before the sun so that shift is taken. Thankfully the kids have each other to tackle and play Goldeneye with and I can sneak away for a while. Oh and work. I thought about just trying to stick with YouTube and Netflix as entertainment while I rde, but 2 weeks is a long time so I finally caved. I know how much y'all like my photos so here is another one with tons of easter eggs for you to keep the replies comin
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 1.14.49 PM.png

I want to redo this whole wall, I have tons of inspiration and think I’ll end up doing some sort of 2x4 frame and cover them/peg board

#inspiration
IMG_0096.jpeg

i didnt realize how much of a trend follower you are. Are you really doing the angled in hoods or is it the fisheye?

View attachment 229585

The UCI is going to rule them selves into irrelevancy. Most of the gravel races that matter aren’t UCI anyway.

UCI is gonna have to find me, I stay turnt up... also why is UCI in gravel a thing?

One thing about having 3 noodle bar bikes and trying to make them all feel the same is that if you make one part change, it can get very expensive. I've grown tired of my fizik arione saddles and decided to give something else a go. I decided to jump all in on these: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805023659024.html

I got 2 carbon ones and 1 plastic base one for the gravel bike. With almost 2000 5 star reviews, it seems like a no brainer. ill give it a shot on the trainer tomorrow but a quick test ride around the block in jeans feels pretty comfy.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 4.37.01 PM.png

I’ve been trying to get a group of people to go to Love Valley, but I couldn’t get anyone to go at sunrise so I just went myself.

IMG_0131.jpeg

Loaded up a big loop with lots of climbing that I’ve wanted to do. Weather was great, vibes were high.

Went up one big road climb that cuts through a winery, has a nice gravel road… 20 minutes later im greeted by this:

IMG_0132.jpeg

Usually good advice to follow these signs so I turned around and bailed on a section of the loop.

IMG_0134.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

Love Valley never disappoints.

I dig it… that first sign is more of a a “this may or may not go your way buddy”. You planned and went solo you shoulda kept going for the sake of the blog!

I dig it… that first sign is more of a a “this may or may not go your way buddy”. You planned and went solo you shoulda kept going for the sake of the blog!
That coulda been my last ride lol

Where did you grab the loop from? Had someone else ridden it?
I’ve ridden it before, but last time I was up that road was earlier this year, so I felt confident I could do it but I guess things change fast lol

IMG_0141.jpeg

Was pretty tired from yesterday but wanted to take advantage of some good weathers. Nice and cool this morning so I took Finny boy out for his first full loop at Sherman Branch, over 10 miles in 1:15. I love the fact he will come up to other people and could not give two shits about them, he just wants to keep running lol

View attachment 229868

Was pretty tired from yesterday but wanted to take advantage of some good weathers. Nice and cool this morning so I took Finny boy out for his first full loop at Sherman Branch, over 10 miles in 1:15. I love the fact he will come up to other people and could not give two shits about them, he just wants to keep running lol
What kind of dog is he?

Back
Top Bottom