Is strava going from suck to blow?

I was going to post this a week ago and forgot. It's kind of crazy how much they want on a subscription basis. $192 for a 1 year subscription.
Yes but now you get congrats messages from the app whenever you upload an activity.. now go dive into those (inaccurate) stats!

Is there a good way of finding a previous activity yet? I can sort by activity date or duration etc, but if I want to see what route I rode the last time I was at, say, Ringwood, any good option there?

Is there a good way of finding a previous activity yet? I can sort by activity date or duration etc, but if I want to see what route I rode the last time I was at, say, Ringwood, any good option there?
do you take photos and keep them? They're dated in the file info, look, than go to that date on Strava

Trying to do that with the app on a phone is hard. Using Strava on a desktop is much more user friendly to do what you mention.

do you take photos and keep them? They're dated in the file info, look, than go to that date on Strava

Not really, only when I'm somewhere new/interesting. Otherwise it would just be a bunch of pictures of random trees.

Just seems like they could have something that at least allows you to sort by a park system or trail network. That data seemingly is readily available and doesn't exactly change very often. I've just had a few times where I rode a loop that I liked when following someone, then I want to repeat it months later, but it takes forever to sort through every possible ride within a timeframe or mileage range in order to find it. Like, which ~12 mile "Afternoon ride" was it?

Like, which ~12 mile "Afternoon ride" was it?

Sounds like user error to me :p

Give your rides meaningful names and this is a non issue.

Give your rides meaningful names and this is a non issue.

This totally makes sense, which is why I kick myself when I go back and see shit like, "Apple Scrapple & Your Mom."

Thankfully TF exists to find any MTB ride I need, which then links back to Strava. Apple Scrapple 4-EVER!

This totally makes sense, which is why I kick myself when I go back and see shit like, "Apple Scrapple & Your Mom."

Note that when you search Strava for rides, it also searches the description and private notes. So you can give the ride whatever silly name you want, and then put "Ringwood" or whatever in one of those places. When I do TM at places I'm not supposed to, I put a generic title and then put more details in the private notes section so I can easily find it later.

this may be only a Premium feature, but if you check a segment from Ringwood, then you can see all the times you rode that segment in a list, and then click on the specific date to go back to the ride posting itself. You can find a previous activity and click the segment, or if you know the name you can do a segment search.

This is from the web site just as an example, but on the Mobile app its somewhat the same, I used Dickerson mine in my example:

each of the dates when I switch to My Results is a link to the ride i did, then I can see the whole route post.

1709671590290.png

These are good workarounds that I've sometimes used but I definitely don't feel like having to name every ride or remember to put in notes for where I was. I just don't get why Strava has nothing to automatically associate activities with parks or even regions for the purpose of searching. Seems like it would be pretty easy to do, but maybe they don't have access to that TF data?

veloviewer gives you a map view of all your rides that you can use to search

I guess my original post was half looking for actual advice about how to find activities (appreciate all of the suggestions) and half bitching that Strava ("going from suck to blow") couldn't just incorporate these features natively.

I guess my original post was half looking for actual advice about how to find activities (appreciate all of the suggestions) and half bitching that Strava ("going from suck to blow") couldn't just incorporate these features natively.

Even something as simple as the town name as one of the parameters to sort/search by would make this way easier

not sure if this is only a premium feature or not.

Stumbled across a video button when I clicked on the map from One of my rides last week.

Turns out they added some kind of replay of the route you did in 3D.

View attachment 234166
Looks like your phone, I only have computer and it's NOT on mine. I'm premium too. More features available on the phone, Like yearly recap and upload videos that are not available to me

not sure if this is only a premium feature or not.

Stumbled across a video button when I clicked on the map from One of my rides last week.

Turns out they added some kind of replay of the route you did in 3D.

I seem to have that feature but the icon is a squiggly line with an arrow instead of a play button. Maybe an Android vs iPhone thing? The feature itself is ok, I guess. Pretty much just an animated dot overlayed on a Google 3D satellite map. I actually found it kind of hard to tell where the heck I was on the route watching the playback, because it doesn't highlight any of the roads or road names. On the plus side, it does do a pretty good job of showing the topography of the area that you're riding in, which is kind of cool.

(Local legend on Reger - Up. Oof. Although I guess that doesn't include the steep/switchback section at the top)

This was something they stole from relive.com
Relive added your photos, highest point, top speed, and ????
It is free to attach relive to your Strava account, or maybe Garmin account?
THe paid version lets you save generate a movie (or something similar - forgetting the details)

That sounds at least slightly more valuable than just a dot moving along a line with 3D terrain being displayed.

Back
Top Bottom