International RAD day

They are bringing back the movie RAD to theaters tomorrow night. Looks like it’s playing in a lot of theaters in the area.

If you’re like me and were a kid in the 80’s, RAD was a pretty big deal if you liked riding a bike. Quintessential 80’s nostalgia.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rad-2024/

I saw it in theatres during the last round, I have a replica RAD Racing kit. Definitely hitting this one as well.

They are bringing back the movie RAD to theaters tomorrow night. Looks like it’s playing in a lot of theaters in the area.

If you’re like me and were a kid in the 80’s, RAD was a pretty big deal if you liked riding a bike. Quintessential 80’s nostalgia.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rad-2024/
awesome, thx for the heads up, might drag my boy to see it for his first time (i've only seen it 100x tho a refresh may be due)

Sold out by me so it’s RAD at home tonight.

IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

Didn't know there would be this many RAD fans on here. I'm with Scott Towne's opinion and thought RAD was goofy when it came out but have come to appreciate it and it's impact on riders over the years.

Poor Boy Steev did a small run of these, in case any of you are interested:

We did our part today! Daddy daughter movie time!

View attachment 234715

Cool to see the list of riders. Some of them I have no clue who they were but most of them are ingrained in my memory bank from reading BMX magazines of the era.

Quick trivia for RAD fans:

- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI?
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"?
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well?
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"?
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)?
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)?

Cool to see the list of riders. Some of them I have no clue who they were but most of them are ingrained in my memory bank from reading BMX magazines of the era.

Quick trivia for RAD fans:

- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI?
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"?
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well?
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"?
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)?
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)?

- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI? Your Mom
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"? Your Mom
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well? Rick Moliterno
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"? Your Mom
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)? Your Mom
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)? Your Mom

- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI? DON'T KNOW
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"? DANNY MILWEE
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well? MOLITERNO
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"? RICHIE ANDERSON
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)? JOSE YANEZ/HUTCH
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)? TODD LYONS

Reactions: don
- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI? DON'T KNOW
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"? DANNY MILWEE
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well? MOLITERNO
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"? RICHIE ANDERSON
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)? JOSE YANEZ/HUTCH
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)? TODD LYONS

Nice!👍 Good to know there is another old bmx head out there!

Kevin Hull was a neighbor to someone in DRI (I think Krt). He had the DRI slam man on his plates in a lot of his photos.

Sidenote: I bought my first DRI album (22 Song LP) at an indoor bmx race in Northampton, MA in the mid 80's from some kid from NY that didn't even race.

kevin_hull_2.jpg

- which one lived down the street from the hardcore band DRI? Your Mom
- which one rode a 2 piece bmx frame later in the 80's and had the nickname "The Missle"? Your Mom
- which one formed his own bmx company and still rides a mini ramp insanely well? Rick Moliterno
- which one had the nickname "The Avalanche"? Your Mom
- not on this list but who was the rider that did the backflip in the movie and what company sponsored him (same company that sponsored Hollywood)? Your Mom
- who is the first rider to do a backflip in a real/sanctioned bmx race (not on this list either)? Your Mom

Ummm, ok.... maybe some mid school bmx trivia? What video had the song "I Like Your Mom"?

IMG_1571.jpeg

Clue - screenshot of a young Mike Aitken from it.
IMG_1598.PNG

Got the whole family to watch Rad (Riff Trax version) on my birthday 🎂 last week. It was a good time!

International Rad Day, a late observation but i had a captive audience.

Back
Top Bottom