Intermediate Skills Class

Eddy-V

On Friday afternoon 6/2/17 at Chimney Rock, @BiknBen will provide 3 hours of professional training on improving your bike handling skills.
FYI: This is a 'reorganized' post of an existing thread titled "skills camp".
We tentatively already have the maximum 5 riders allowed, listed below, however if you want to be wait-listed, please drop your name in the hat.
Riders please confirm if going:
@Eddy-V - YES

@Gnick

@qclabrat

@bm1981

@mattsrabbit

Introductory video on Ben Tufford ( @BiknBen ) and his company, Cognition Coaching: http://videotrailreviews.com/trails/2014/11/cognition-mtbing-clinic-promo/

Good evening Ben! We have 5 riders confirmed for a 3 hour class starting 1:30pm next Friday 6/2/17 at Chimney Rock.

@Eddy-V

@Gnick

@qclabrat

@bm1981

@Mr.Moto

Please chime-in as I believe you still need @bm1981 and @Mr.Moto to email you their contact info as well as a little bit about themselves to btufford@cognitioncoaching.net.

Also, please confirm exact meeting point at Chimney Rock, as several of us have never been there before.

Thank you!

looking forward to this. Are you guys going to use flat or clipless pedals?

I have been using clipless for years and just switched over to flats which is tough for me is some situations. I need to learn proper technique for things like bunny hops and such so I think I'm leaving the flats on.

Ben mentioned last time that flats are recommended to properly learn techniques
too many people think a bunny hop is just pulling up on your clipless pedals and bars, I'm usually on eggbeaters and shimano but like Moto recently been riding flats more

i guess i'll put some flat pedals on since it makes a lot of sense to learn proper technique on flats - not sure if i want to drop the cash on a pair of five tens yet since i typically ride clipless.

i guess i'll put some flat pedals on since it makes a lot of sense to learn proper technique on flats - not sure if i want to drop the cash on a pair of five tens yet since i typically ride clipless.
I think you'll be fine either way, Ben will get you right

I've always run flats on all my MTBs, and during my early formative years would affectionately call them........SHIN-BURGERS! ;)

Just spoke with Ben and looks like everything's a go! He'll most likely post to this thread sometime this weekend and reconfirm as needed. Noyse mates!

wtf, 7 days out of next ten days predict rain
Friday at the moment is 50/50 thunderstorms
fingers crossed for good weather...

Just spoke with Ben and looks like everything's a go! He'll most likely post to this thread sometime this weekend and reconfirm as needed. Noyse mates!

Just checking to see if everything is a go. Not sure where the meet up location is, so if someone has an address, please post. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom