Intermediate Rides

jpo

Ok, going to be linking a few other threads here, so try and keep up.

I know there are a few people in THIS THREAD that were talking about doing intermediate rides on Fridays. In the interest of keeping everybody straight, I figured I would start a new ride for Intermediates.

It was also pointed out that Mercer isn't very technical, so please understand that when I say intermediate I am basing it off THIS definition.

Ok, So I am riding this Friday, 4:30 from the Marina. Anyone care to join me?

In the rain and or mud....estimated ride time for your intermediate ride on Fri-13-Aug @ 4:30?

Would be my first visit to Mercer Park.

Last edited:
Luckily weather looks pretty clear tomorrow and I intend to ride the western side of the park, so wet shouldn't be a huge problem. Unless its actively raining of course.

As for ride time, I usually look to get two hours in.

I almost exclusively ride the West end of the park, looping in and out on the unmarked trails there. I do want to get to know the east better though, so if you want to take "lead" pointboy, I am 100% in support of that.

Guys,

Would like to join, need to confirm the start time on my Friday evening plans.

May need to drop out of the line up at 6pm.

Will confirm back later tonight if I'm in.

I'm in for the full ride @ 4:30PM @ the Marina lot - Fri-13-Aug.

Marina lot looks fairly large on the map, any special meeting spot?

Driving a grey Acrua TL with trunk rack.

Last edited:
conditions permitting i would like to join. which road should i enter the park from? blue accent with blue bones rack.

Last edited:
How to get to the marina parking lot from 295:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...92869&sspn=0.011038,0.030169&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

As for where to gather . . . I will be in a beater Corolla Wagon with a bike strapped on the back. I will be in the first little sub-lot on your left, and I will try to park near the entrance to the sub-lot.

I will try and check back here tomorrow if weather is iffy, but I can't always access from work.

Since I won't be able to come back and get a final head count, please try and be in the lot by 4:30 with an intended roll out of 4:45. Thanks everybody! See you tomorrow!

Last edited:
SO! Just got home from the hospital, did something major happen yesterday? I am kind of experiencing short term memory loss.

SO! Just got home from the hospital, did something major happen yesterday? I am kind of experiencing short term memory loss.

Jim, I really didnt want to kick when you were down but that was a good hit you took... Get well:)

Guys,

This is Bill!
Enjoyed the ride and exposure to Mercer Park. Nice to meet you all, sorry I had to drop out of the line up due to time limits. Had the "MTB ankle itch" all weekend and some nice new red slash lines to add on to the others from the knee down. All part of the fun of riding in the bush. Will go back and complete the Blue trail on the east side soon.

Happy trails to all!

JPO,

Looks like you need some get well wishes.
Hope you are OK and ready to get back on the trails again soon.
Tube failure and a hospital visit will make for one ride for the history book.
Get well and back on the saddle soon.

If interested in riding the Six Mile loop, me let me know.

You don't remember anything? Did you break anything or require stitches? Get well soon man!

No physical injury other than a viscous chainring bite, but everything from about 11PM on Thursday until my brain started working again around 1 AM in the ER is a blank.

Any information about the ride would be appreciated, even basic stuff like miles and time ridden would be a huge help.

Wow, maybe this information would help!

- Fri-13, as you planned, we met at the MCP Marina parking lot @ 4:30
- At 4:45, four of us took off to the west side following Spencer
- Rode the west side for 42 minutes returning to the Marina parking area
- Headed across the Marina parking area to the East side
- You had a rear tube failure while crossing the Marina area
- I helped you remove the tire and tube, found the tube had slit, it could not be patched and needed to be replaced
- Gave you my spare tube and got you back rolling again
- Headed east following Spencer again to the red trail
- Once reaching a Blue trail intersection half way to the Boathouse, a little past 6:00 PM, I dropped out of the line and returned to the Marina parking area.
- The other guys will have to fill in the blanks from there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions