I want a change

lou_b_83

I have not changed my beer in well ever. I want to try some other stuff. I have tried a Guinness Logger. Did not like it. I want to try some of the Sam Adams stuff but I don't know where to start. I was thinking Summer ale. Can someone help please.:confused:

I did fall in love with Woodchuck Cider:D

Oh lou...

I'd start cha off with some Flying Fish doppel then graduating to Ommegang Abbey Ale, then Rare Vos, moving on to DFH 90...

Then the lighter side...delirium tremens...Ommegang Witte...the list is endless... ;)

what is the brand of beer you drink?...to find what styles you like i suggest you check out some local breweries.. they usually will let you try small samples for free or you could just buy a sampler...some breweries near you to: south riverhorse in lambertville ,ship inn in milford,thiumph in new hope,andto the east you have long vally...and find a dd ..cheers!

Last edited:
Oh lou...

I'd start cha off with some Flying Fish doppel then graduating to Ommegang Abbey Ale, then Rare Vos, moving on to DFH 90...

Then the lighter side...delirium tremens...Ommegang Witte...the list is endless... ;)

This is a good list to begin working with. If you are really looking to experience some different beers you need to open your mind (and tastebuds) to many flavors. Try not to mix different styles in a night. Your tastebuds will not know what is going on!!!:D

as much as I like to try different beers, it sucks to fall in love with a beer that you need to drive an hour to find because its a micro brew that isnt sold everywhere....

So my favorite everyday brew is Smithwicks. A nice irish ale that is becoming easier and easier to get (all my local shops carry it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithwicks

Last edited:
Oh lou...

Delirium tremens or Nocturnum is my favorite. Sheet is awesome.

Thanks to all with the ideas. I drink Miller lite and MGD. I was looking for something I could find in the local area. There is only 2 stores near me and did not have any of what you guys have told me to get. You have anything more main stream?

Anything with "Samuel Smith's" on the label.

I wouldn't exactly call Samuel Smith's mainstream. But we need to get people away from the budmillercoors panther piss that they try to call beer.

I might start Lou out on some Sam Adams Boston Lager. That's probably the brew that first got me away from the crappy stuff years ago. Or maybe Longtrail Ale, Dogfish Head IPA, or Flying Fish IPA.

May I suggest trying some Brooklyn Brewery selections. Samuel Smith is also excellent. I believe you can get both easily. I would suggest when you are trying different selections, to see if you can get singles of the beer you would like to try first off.

Like others have said the list is endless for selections. Also how much you are willing to spend for a case/6pack. You may see that you will spend a little more then your usual Miller lite and MGD on beer, but as they say you get what you pay for :)

Good luck with your journey :D

I would say to start out simple. If you are a MGD and Lite guy, I would start out with the "basics" before you go jumping into anything to bold.

The Sam Adams Summer Ale would be OK, beware its got a hint of Lemony fizz to it, IMO. Look for things that are somewhat close to what you drink, look for "Ale" and 'Lager" on the label. Try the Brooklyn Pennant Ale, it's not to heavy and has a pretty easy taste.

Keep an open mind, get used to enjoying a beer for it's flavor.

Thanks again. I am going to go to try to get Dogfish (I have heard a lot of good stuff) and I will see what else I can get. I will let you know what I liked. Keep the ideas coming.

Good post Walter. I can't imagine going from MGD to Dogfish Head. It's like going from 6MR to Sourlands.

Victory Pils (pilsner) is a PERFECT beer for ya and readily available...Hoppy but won't intimidate you girlie taste buds;)...Just bustin Lou...Honestly it is a great transitional

Last edited:
Is that Good?:confused:

Not at all. Dogfish will be far, far too strong, hoppy, and flavorful. I think the straight Sam Adams Lager will be a good first step. You can't huck an 8 foot drop if you've been riding Lewis Morris all your life, you know?

Back
Top Bottom