How do I make a trail here?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
This goes from my backyard to a cool creek behind our home. I’d love to just pour gas on it and light it on fire but I’m afraid I’ll burn the dam neighborhood down. It crossed over a gas line and the township comes by 3-4 times a year and knocks it all down. They just came by and I feel like I need to act fast. Any suggestions that are sort of environmentally responsible?

See the weeds and my lawnmower attempt, followed by what it looks like this morning.
IMG_8442.jpeg
IMG_8630.jpeg

er uh - something like round-up and a backpack sprayer would do what you want over the course of a year or so.
what is there will break down, and nothing will come up where you spray (which you might have to do 2x a year.

Spray w/ a vinegar & salt solution if you're looking to slow down the growth. Adjust the salt quantity as needed. Maybe add some dish detergent to the mix to help it stick to the leaves. Some have good luck using a salt & baking soda solution too.
I would also add to raise that mower blade as high as it will go for 1st pass then gradually lower, then spray with white vinegar/salt soulution that kurt recommended. Pineys know stuff!

Roundup not zactly environmentaly responsible...cancer ya know and you need alot.
Curious about this as I have seen commercials about Roundup lawsuits on TV etc. If it's so bad, why is it still on the shelves at Lowes, Home Depot , etc. Would have thought any thing that malicious would be off the market

Curious about this as I have seen commercials about Roundup lawsuits on TV etc. If it's so bad, why is it still on the shelves at Lowes, Home Depot , etc. Would have thought any thing that malicious would be off the market
Lawn dart games have been banned. But we can still buy cigarettes. Guessing that's due to public outcry and corporate lawyers.

Last edited:
This just popped up on my Facebook, is this the ratio?
Seems right. I mix it in smaller batches.
The two hour kill time is optimistic. My experience is a kill time of a day or two.
If the weeds survive the first soak, add more salt to the mix, and apply heavily. For stubborn spots, warm up the mix on the stove and then pour.

There is also roto-tilling and then compacting the trail tread.

Last edited:
There are other spectracides, I was just too lazy to look them up, and they wouldn't be recognizable.

Monsanto continues to deny the link.
There are genetically modified crops that are not affected by round-up.
they spray right over them to keep the weeds down.

There are other spectracides, I was just too lazy to look them up, and they wouldn't be recognizable.

Monsanto continues to deny the link.
There are genetically modified crops that are not affected by round-up.
they spray right over them to keep the weeds down.
Yes, we are excellent at poisoning the earth and each other while obliterating wildlife.

Concentrated vinegar will work. And on the plus side, you’ll smell like salt and vinegar potato chips for a few hours afterwards.

Belle Chemical 45% Pure Vinegar - Concentrated Industrial Grade (1-Gallon) https://a.co/d/bZqrO1c

Back
Top Bottom