HippoCX 10/1

Robin

For more information: http://pureenergyvelo.org/event/hippo-cross/

Register for all events here including 5k and Helicopter rides

Race Highlights

Unsanctioned Races

• 5K Off-road RUN open to general public and no license required. Entire Family can run! Register Online or Day-Off.
  • Keg Pull (Free Entry)
  • Hungry Hungry HippoBall (Free Entry)

USA Cycling Sanctioned

• Fat Bike races!
  • Single Speed Races!
  • Standard CX USAC races!
  • Individual Omnium - compete in 3 or more events (including the silly ones), and you are automatically registered.

Pavilion Area

• River Horse Brewing Co. Beer Garden
  • Freshly made food
  • Vendors from the bike industry with products and bikes to demo
  • Local businesses
  • Music and Live performances! "This ones goes to 11!"
·

Festival Highlights
  • Helicopter Rides - Yes, right here! Aerial vantage point of the most beautiful county in the country! Once in a lifetime perspective with "celebrity" helicopter pilot.

§

• Kids bike course - Open all day for kids to build confidence, ride around, meet other kids and enjoy the freedom of riding!
  • Keg Pull - Yep….fastest keg pull wins! Free to Enter! Our returning champion drives and Ice Cream truck and teaches Physics! Try to beat him!
  • Hungry Hungry HippoBall - All out battle to gather as many balls as you can in the shortest amount of time. True strategy must be employed, or maybe just a big shirt! Think you're hungrier than a hippo?

Free to Enter!

What's this all for?

As part of Pure Energy Velo, we want to encourage and advocate cycling in our community so that we can stay stronger, healthier, and safer! The more we know and participate, the greater we improve our cycling lives and safety. That is the bottom line mission of Pure Energy Velo. However, last year, we lost a dear friend in the cycling community, in Dan Wilson. He was killed by a drunk driver who veered head-on into Dan's lane…the driver had 2 previous DUI's. Dan followed all the rules of the road and a season cycling veteran. He left our peleton too early and is survived by a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful boys! From last year's event, we donated $2500 in cash privately to Dan's wife and children. We are all "Dan Wilson". Lets keep cycling strong, safe, and smart in our community, so come commemorate, celebrate, and participate with us!

Be a HippoSter!

Just registered - last years event was a great time and I'm sure this one is going to be even better.

Video makes me think of the fields at 6MR - I'm stoked for some fast flowy fun

@Robin
are there age restrictions for the helicopter rides? (thinking about my nephew... he's 6)

hi @MissJR - this response was from the promoter

only restrictions for the heli are weight of combined riders and if he will fit properly in the seat harness. the harness is similar to a seat belt in car so if that works for him he should be good to go.

Anyone know were results can be found? Not that I was anywhere near the top, just curious as it was my first cross race and they didn't have my number down on the results list after the race. When I asked they just said, 'we probably missed your number.'

I raced the cat 4/5 40+ mens. I had a pretty decent start and was basically mid pack. I guess I wasn't really paying attention , didn't notice a horn or lap card, and I think I did an extra lap. I was looking at the results and see that I'm at the bottom with a -1 for lap time. I'm just curious since this was my first race if its because I did an extra lap. It was a blast, probably the reason I did the extra lap!!!. I just don't want to goof the next race

The "-1" that you and a handful of other racers have means you were lapped by the winner of the race - probably on the last lap. In cyclocross once the winner finishes no one goes out for remaining laps they might have. So you could have come through the start/finish and it said "2" remaining...but then if the winner passed/lapped you on that lap it became your final lap.

Well, I guess I didn't race???.... nothing listed. So is it like Strava, no results you didn't race? I have the mud and the photographers pictures to prove it Still had fun and plan to do a few more this season.

Well, I guess I didn't race???.... nothing listed. So is it like Strava, no results you didn't race? I have the mud and the photographers pictures to prove it Still had fun and plan to do a few more this season.

What's up next for you?

I'm not in the results!!!
Welcome to CX!
If all the mud on your kit, the sore bones and the broken bits dangling from your bike aren't enuf, you have to hang out til the results are posted and make sure you were scored. And I'm NOT pointing fingers at anyone here, but there were a literal sh*t ton of illegible numbers in the early races: tucked under jerseys as they rode up during the race, pinned like a Mad Magazine Fold-In or just good old fashioned upside down. Also, if you were so excited you sat up at the finish, it was impossible to read yer number. Remember, at one point during the morning there were 120 of you on a 5 minute lap course. It was bananas.
The only remedy - wait til the results are posted, note your non-appearance and very nicely point it out to the folks behind the scoring table.
@chuprinko, they didn't recognize your new bike, so you weren't scored :)

Welcome to CX!
If all the mud on your kit, the sore bones and the broken bits dangling from your bike aren't enuf, you have to hang out til the results are posted and make sure you were scored. And I'm NOT pointing fingers at anyone here, but there were a literal sh*t ton of illegible numbers in the early races: tucked under jerseys as they rode up during the race, pinned like a Mad Magazine Fold-In or just good old fashioned upside down. Also, if you were so excited you sat up at the finish, it was impossible to read yer number. Remember, at one point during the morning there were 120 of you on a 5 minute lap course. It was bananas.
The only remedy - wait til the results are posted, note your non-appearance and very nicely point it out to the folks behind the scoring table.

Yup, well aware and there's an acceptable margin of error. Am' not pointing fingers or blaming event organizers. Enjoyed it and no negative feedback at all. Just venting frustration of my situation "I'm not in the results". Long commute to NY + obligations sticking around that day was not an option. I usually do but the day it mattered that's the day I needed. Hah!

Welcome to CX!

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/attaching-my-number.40644/

:dead:

I think it was my plain jane solid blue jersey and black shorts, I see I definity need more color for the next race....just blended in I guess!!

Back
Top Bottom