hell of hunterdon

I am not doing the Hell ride this weekend, but I will go to hang out and to ride somewhere else for a while. I don't want to push like hell, but I'd like to pedal consistently without stopping. I am thinking the canal from Lambertville to Frenchtown and back, or hitting Balpate and Washington Crossing if the trails are ok by the weekend...if anyone wants to do some miles, speak up!

Last edited:
How much snow fell in that area? I don't imagine that gravel roads get plowed. Could we be riding on snow on the Rubaix sections?

How much snow fell in that area? I don't imagine that gravel roads get plowed. Could we be riding on snow on the Rubaix sections?

only possible snow left for be in the gutters, but we should be ok. I am wondering if they will skip the Hunter Rd dirt section due to muddiness at the bottom.

Snydertown is an excellent rd. I know the first 50 miles very well, after that sort of. The bottom of hunter will likely be the messiest section. Wish it was a little warmer, but whatever.

Btw, does Lou still have a case of strokalotacocis?

Last edited:
They just opened up registration for the first 53 riders who show up tomorrow.

I'm going to let you guys in a little secret. This is not the super-secret parking spot that Dustin speaks of but it is relatively secret...or little known.

Friends of mine who are members of the Lambertville Boathouse tell me that you can park here
Just don't block any boat trailers.

Its behind Lambertville station. Take a dirt road thats attached to the parking lot in the back.

I'm going to let you guys in a little secret. This is not the super-secret parking spot that Dustin speaks of but it is relatively secret...or little known.

Friends of mine who are members of the Lambertville Boathouse tell me that you can park here
Just don't block any boat trailers.

Its behind Lambertville station. Take a dirt road thats attached to the parking lot in the back.

I guess you could even park at Baldpate and have a 5 mile ride in?

Dude that is weird. I also have a bit of a stiff neck and coincidentally had tortillas the night before.

The only thing of note I remember eating was Jolly Ranchers.

It's nearly "go time"

Planning on starting with the "B's" will likely quickly slide into the "C's", hoping for 14.000001 mph but will settle for anything better than a DNF.

Please encourage any older and tired looking dude you may see riding a tricross ( and wearing a dirty red ShowersPass jacket ) to keep going.

- warren

Planning on starting with the "B's" will likely quickly slide into the "C's", hoping for 14.000001 mph but will settle for anything better than a DNF.

Please encourage any older and tired looking dude you may see riding a tricross ( and wearing a dirty red ShowersPass jacket ) to keep going.

- warren

Glad to hear you're in. We will all likely be going slow / social in the beginning is my guess. Come say 'hi'. I look like this in the mornings:

148375_601101540538_711381_34015282_6901013_n.jpg

btw, when riding with a group, you can usually average much faster because you are more efficient .. last year, i averaged 19+ mph on 50 mile ride with a large group .. there's no way i'm coming close to that by myself

Back
Top Bottom