Halters / JORBA Membership Drive!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Greetings MTBNJ! I am very happy to announce that Halter's Cycles has committed to match, dollar-for-dollar, all new JORBA memberships and renewals, from today through 01 Jan '16 up to $2500 in total. Halter's Cycles is responsible for tons of trail maintenance hours annually, and has been a significant financial supporter of JORBA for as long as I have known @jdog.

Join JORBA Today!

Our goal is 500 active members, which I feel is very doable. This number will start to reduce our per-member insurance costs, allow us to apply for NJ organizational license plates, and most importantly increase our political power when advocating for our cause with politicians.

Do I really care about the ability to throw custom JORBA plates on my car? Not exactly. It does however really pain me to speak to land managers, in a state of over 8 million people, and tell them that JORBA represents 300-something active members.

Don't get me wrong, I am tremendously proud of the volunteer hours which JORBA reports annually. Since our inception we have given over 1 million dollars in sweat equity to New Jersey's trails. Our volunteers steward a majority of the MTB trail systems in NJ. We are constantly advocating for more trails and better trails.

We can do better, and we can do it with a unified voice. We really need your support.

Please support local business, particularly those who support the trails we all love to ride, and please join JORBA. Feel free to pm me with questions about JORBA, to inquire about volunteer opportunities or to discuss winter shoes, lawn maintenance, #BIYF, etc.

www.join.jorba.org and please visit/like/subscribe to Halter's FB Page

300 is bananas, I agree. Have you guys thought about expanding your drive out of state (ie, our close neighbors in Lehigh Valley, NYC, et.al)?

I am curious...is a JORBA donation tax-deductible? I don't have much free capital to throw around, and that could definitely help towards the end of the year!

I am curious...is a JORBA donation tax-deductible? I don't have much free capital to throw around, and that could definitely help towards the end of the year!

JORBA is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit organization (tax ID: 22-3667526). Donations to JORBA are tax-deductible where allowable by law.

300 is bananas, I agree. Have you guys thought about expanding your drive out of state (ie, our close neighbors in Lehigh Valley, NYC, et.al)?

Yes, we have maintained relationships out of state. We are fortunate to have many members from neighboring states who "dig" JORBA. Our chapters have conducted official TM in NY and PA over the years, and many of our members also volunteer in DE/MD. I don't expect folks in neighboring states to join us before their local groups though! Have you heard about the new trails being built in Sterling Forest? JORBA was instrumental in the approval process.

Your membership card/welcome package serves as a receipt for tax purposes, and clearly defines your contribution come tax time. It also is lovingly packaged and mailed by a wookie.

I'm definitely looking to support the cause, but I have question. My current membership expires March 2016. If I renew during the membership drive, will I lose a couple of months on my membership by renewing early, or will it renew for 1 year from the date my membership is currently set to expire?

I'm definitely looking to support the cause, but I have question. My current membership expires March 2016. If I renew during the membership drive, will I lose a couple of months on my membership by renewing early, or will it renew for 1 year from the date my membership is currently set to expire?

You never lose months, it will add to your current membership.

Kudos Jason, many thanks for your long-standing support of JORBA, not to mention the backbreaking work at 6MR!!! I agree, I'd jump at a JORBA license plate....let's get to 500!!!

-Member # 11

Which reminds me....

fc550x550white198-500x500.jpg

can we get access to a DB of active members so we can put little ribbons under everyone who is an active member under their name?
I mean, I manually put in the jorba.org ribbon and shop keep ribbon, but I bet we can automate this. It would be a nice incentive.

can we get access to a DB of active members so we can put little ribbons under everyone who is an active member under their name?
I mean, I manually put in the jorba.org ribbon and shop keep ribbon, but I bet we can automate this. It would be a nice incentive.

It would be nice, but I can't see our software communicating with a forum. Shoot me a pm if you have ideas though?

Maybe mtbnj should add an option in a members profile to manually input their JORBA member # and that will automatically grant a ribbon to the avatar... I'm sure all members wouldn't have a problem taking a few seconds to update their profile.

is there a way to cross reference email addresses?

Reactions: rlb
Back
Top Bottom