graphene in tires - gimmick?

Thanks for sharing the article.

I hadn't heard about graphene. Sounds like an amazing compound. Wood be interested in hearing if anyone has experience with the Mezcal tires.

I rode a set of prototypes for a bit on my Kelly. They were sweet but too light for my riding style. I'm looking to try the new Rubinos next. They've always been my go to.

I rode a set of prototypes for a bit on my Kelly. They were sweet but too light for my riding style. I'm looking to try the new Rubinos next. They've always been my go to.

Cool. Good to know about them being light. I started using Rubino Pro Techs last winter for HoH and they were great. I liked them a lot although that may have been more due to changing from riding 23mm tires exclusively to 28 mm for some gravel adventures.

The XC tires are 700 grams. (As per competitive cyclist)

Not that light.

I meant the ones I was riding were too light. Had the Graphene Corsas, actually I still have them. They ride better than anything I've tried, spectacular tire. There's definitely something to it. They roll fast and corner similar to a tubular. Would love a Corsa with a thicker casing like a Rubino but then it probably wouldn't ride the same.

I have some prototype Velociraptors with unobtanium, just amazing.

Can't wear them out; never slip, < $15 ea

only make 26 x 2.1s tho

Sounds like a great tire. Thanks for the heads up. Of course not available in 26, shocking. That leaves me out.You cool kids get to play with all the good stuff.

One would assume those that ride 26" aren't interested in advancing technologies. Would be like putting disc brakes on a PennyFarthing.

DSC_6542.jpg

probably mechanical...besides, that is an OTB machine if you actually use the front brake.

Back
Top Bottom