Graham hills park, worth the drive?

I havent been in years but back then it was a small 5 mile loop. That said i heard much has been added. You can also hit the sprain.
@2Julianas can probaly help here.

Never ridden Graham but Sprain is a lot of fun and easy to navigate.

I would sometimes drive out from Fort Lee to ride it, but I would say not worth it from Morristown.

I would sometimes drive out from Fort Lee to ride it, but I would say not worth it from Morristown.
Ditto here.
Not worth an hour drive, but if you are in the area, it's worth a look. When I worked in the Bronx, it was a go to afterwork. They have definitely added mileage since Matty was there, and some fun new stuff (so i have heard).
In general, I think the WMBA parks improve as you head north:
Blue mt > Graham > Sprain
It is incredible what they can do to milk the terrain for every bit of st.

IMO the order would be Blue, then Sprain, then Graham, but that's just my preference.

I concur that it is probably not worth the drive from Morristown. But, if you are passing through or in the area, hit it. There is a map on Maprika but its missing several trails. Compare it to the one on the www.wmba.org and you will see what I mean. It's not that hard to navigate though. Take this map: http://wmba.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Graham-Hills.pdf

Graham Hills is basically a small mountain wedged between a couple highways. A lot has been packed into a small amount of acreage. You could definitely spend a few hours checking out the whole place.

There are a couple trails down in the flatter sections (pink and outer blue loop). But, if you take a look at the trail map topography you will see that you will likely climb that hill more than once to make a decent loop of it. But, some of the trails that switchback make the climb up more bearable (i.e. updraft and tumbleweed). They also happen to be fun going down. Marker 9 on the map is basically the top of the hill. Get there, select a downhill and enjoy! Plenty of rocks and tech to be had too.

Not as technical as Sprain or Blue but it's great for a few hours of fun riding. Lots of variety. You can do a few loops and hit different trails. And Captain Lawrence brewery is nearby for post ride beers.

I'm the one who made the Maprika map. I haven't updated it because I couldn't find a new map that showed the new trail they added last year, until now anyway. It still doesn't exist on the county's site. Thanks Huffster for the info. I downloaded the map and will try to work on it tonight. I've got to add more GPS points too as I noticed it goes off in a few places.

OK I updated the Maprika map. If anyone goes there please let me know if it's accurate. I won't be riding up there for another couple of weeks. Thanks.

i think it's worth the drive. small park, self contained. not as technical but some really great flow and i think it's easier to get around. there's also a lot of climbing there. there's also a ton of mini features along the trail. I'd go at least once and decide for yourself if it's worth going back.

Back
Top Bottom